knotty
Making a second page
  • 2006/7/2 23:50

• knotty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/1 1

I don't have a good picture of how things work yet. From the main or home page, I'd like to have a link that takes the user to another, second page, how do I create this second page?

Thanks!
knotty

jensclas
Re: Making a second page

Have you checked the resources in 'documentation' linked on the left and FAQ? When you say you want to ad a second page do you mean take an article into a second page of HTML or make another section of content? What xooops version are you using and what modules have you installed?

knotty
  • 2006/7/3 22:55

• knotty

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've checked the FAQs and docs but all I can find is wrapping html.

Like in Microsoft FrontPage, you can create a multipage site like for example, 1-home page, 2-computer accessories, 3-hard drives etc.

Each a separate page with links on all the pages to navigate between them.

I like to do the same thing with Xoops.

Using the latest XOOPS 2.0.14 and have the SmartSection module installed.

Thanks!..knotty

jensclas

Ok...you need to change your thinking...forget everything about 'frontpage' - for XOOPS you need to think in terms of Modules, blocks and themes. Smartsection will give a way to group articles into sections. You can install a menu module like multimenu to have your sections come up. Tell you what...how about visiting some of the webpages by xoopsers...that should clarify the picture for you a bit and go to This FAQ and scroll to the bottom to the Module Playground link...Have fun!

knotty
  • 2006/7/5 4:21

• knotty

• Just popping in

Thank you jensclas, your tips are very helpful, especially the module test site, I'm finally beginning to get the hang of Xoops.

I came from the Wordpress blog and these CMS's are a totally different thing.

knotty

Login

Who's Online

411 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 411

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits