krewl
User Edit Options
  • 2006/7/2 5:44

• krewl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/14

Lets say I am using the Reviews Module, the User submits a Review and the Admin approves it... Rather than requesting the information to be modified how can I let the user that submitted it, edit it?

I don't want to create agroup and everytime add someone new to the group so they can edit the module information. I am editting a module to act like a "team" information page where they can add info, updates, race results, etc..

Any ideas I will be glad to try... I tried to add if user info to the top of the modlink page (where information is updated in the database).
-------------------
www.illinoisbmx.com

krewl
Re: User Edit Options
  • 2006/7/3 4:22

• krewl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/14

I have been playing around with the lines containing this:

if ($xoopsUser && $xoopsUser->isAdmin($xoopsModule->mid()))

I need to have the user and submitter be the same to allow the link to show for that user... Any Ideas?

-----

Finally on the actual form page how can I redirect the page if the user is not the submitter:

// If not submitter, redirect
if (!is_object($xoopsUser)) {

redirect_header('index.php',3,_US_NOEDITRIGHT);
    exit();
}

I have been also trying to tweak that within the page, I think I need to modify a core file... not sure.
-------------------
www.illinoisbmx.com

Shine
Re: User Edit Options
  • 2006/7/3 7:47

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Don't know how what the code exactly should be but... as you know reg.users can edit their profiles themselves. Take this code as an example and try to implement some pieces of it. See what happens.
I think it has to do with something like : if user = true

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits