Kumazatheef
per user, per type perms
  • 2006/6/25 22:57

• Kumazatheef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/25

Hello ...

I am looking to develop a 'family' site, with the following criteria:

- have blogs, forums, galleries, news, etc.
- a select handful of pple can actually post things (the 'main family')
- their friends can sign up to view content
- anonymous people can view certain content.

So, what I require is essentially 3 levels of users:
- family
- friends
- anonymous

This is on a per content basis ... for example: if I have a "kids story" section, then only family can see this.
However, I also want a per item/node restriction ... so if a family members posts something, they can choose whether only 'family' can see it, 'friends' , or everyone ('anonymous') ... naturally if you chose 'friends', then 'family' could see it ... so this would work on a per category, or per specific item.

So Family Member #1 would have a section with all their posts & photos, and it's separate from Family Member #2 ....
However, it's all possible to see an 'overall family' layout ... where I can go into blogs, and see all of the family members' blogs .... or a conglomerate photo gallery, with everyone's pics ...

can XOOPS do this?? if so .. how??

andycleff
Re: per user, per type perms
  • 2006/6/25 23:14

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/29

Check out SmartSection from SmartFactory.ca

I believe it has the category/acticle level group control capabilities you need - at least as far as publishing text based content with article based images.

You might look into XCgal for image gallery handling. Pretty flexible. Also has good "group" permissions for specific categories.
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----
Helping our clients bring great ideas into shape through integrated marketing, creative branding, print and web strategy, online learning and e-commerce.

www.ampersandesign.net

Kumazatheef
  • 2006/6/26 22:00

• Kumazatheef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/25

It doesn't seem like SmartSection has a per-item capability, where only certain articles within a category can be viewable by Anonymous ... unless there's something I'm missing.

enveree
  • 2007/2/7 4:04

• enveree

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/14

Quote:

andycleff wrote:

You might look into XCgal for image gallery handling. Pretty flexible. Also has good "group" permissions for specific categories.

i could not find "group" permissions for specific categories. can u explain how to do it

andycleff
  • 2007/2/7 12:53

• andycleff

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/29

Permission may not be as "granular" as you want for XCGal

But with version 1.1:

Module Config Options > Allow anonymous user to see pictures: y/n

and...

Manage User Groups > controls who can upload pictures.

Doesn't seem to be category by category controls. My mistake.

Have you looked at the other image gallery modules available?
Andy Cleff
Ampersand Design, Inc
Doylestown, PA
-----
Helping our clients bring great ideas into shape through integrated marketing, creative branding, print and web strategy, online learning and e-commerce.

www.ampersandesign.net

JamesSAEP
Xcgal category permissions
  • 2007/2/7 14:53

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

I've been trying to figure out how to grant permissions by category as well. When looking at the database, there is a table "xcgal_categories" and a field "owner_id" that has a value of "0" in it.

Can someone tell me what "0" represents? My initial thought was that was the value of the "Administrators" group but it isn't.

I'm thinking that if there is a way to tie the "xcgal_usergroups" table "group_id" value to the permission that should do it. Any thoughts on this?

skenow
Re: Xcgal category permissions
  • 2007/2/7 23:27

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

There are no category permissions on xcGallery, per se, but once you create albums you can specify group permissions on them (in version 2.0.3)

skenow
  • 2007/2/7 23:38

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

So, what I require is essentially 3 levels of users:
- family
- friends
- anonymous

This is on a per content basis ... for example: if I have a "kids story" section, then only family can see this.
However, I also want a per item/node restriction ... so if a family members posts something, they can choose whether only 'family' can see it, 'friends' , or everyone ('anonymous') ... naturally if you chose 'friends', then 'family' could see it ... so this would work on a per category, or per specific item.

So Family Member #1 would have a section with all their posts & photos, and it's separate from Family Member #2 ....
However, it's all possible to see an 'overall family' layout ... where I can go into blogs, and see all of the family members' blogs .... or a conglomerate photo gallery, with everyone's pics ...

can XOOPS do this?? if so .. how??

With News 1.53, there is a Authors block so you can see all articles by the same author. Using group permissions and topic permissions, you should be able to put together this type of structure. You will be able to see all the posts by the same contributor, posts in the same topic (category).

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits