Quest
Using Debug in 2.0.14-RC1 doesn't work
  • 2006/6/24 12:28

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I just tried to use the debug function from the general settings. I tried all of the ways it offers and it just doesn't seem to work. I think the Debug (pop ups) worked a little but is very unstable. Non of them seem to want to render. Just sorta hangs out there in lala land.

Never had problems with it before upgrading from 2.0.13.2.

Is there a fix for this?

davidl2
Re: Using Debug in 2.0.14-RC1 doesnt work
  • 2006/6/24 12:31

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Have you submitted this on the Sourceforge bug tracker?

davidl2
  • 2006/6/24 12:35

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

We do need more information: MySQL version used, php version, etc....

But apparently a number of issues such have this have been sorted for 2.0.14 final (which you can find at Sourceforge as a snapshot)

Quest
  • 2006/6/24 12:55

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Hadn't reported it to bug tracker cuz I didn't even know it was a bug. Just realized it for the first time that it didn't work. I did a search but didn't come up with much of anything.
I'll weed through some more and find my way to the sourceforge for it to see if there is anything there which will help.

And I will get off my butt and prepare a text file of all my info so I can just copy and paste it. I been meaning to do that for awhile now but my debugging and normal blunders have kept me very busy from it and I have gotten to lazy to retype it.

Thanks D.

davidl2
  • 2006/6/24 13:38

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

From what I understand, this has probably already been dealt with on the final/snapshot release.

My best suggestion is to backup your current site & database and to try to upgrade to the new version at Sourceforge and see if this fixes your problem.

Quest
Re: Using Debug in 2.0.14-RC1 doesn't work
  • 2006/6/24 15:07

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi davidl2,

Thanks again for your help. I am confused as usual. I know you are trying to tell me something that perhaps you think I already know, but I don't.
I didn't get much sleep last night and that will my normal state of confusion really has me baffled.
I have got to be missing something???

Danny

Quest
Re: Using Debug in 2.0.14-RC1 doesn't work
  • 2006/6/25 1:37

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

I have download and installed the 2.0.14 snapshot release. Everything went fine but I am still not able to get the debug to work. Not inline, Not Pop-up, Not Smarty. It acts very unstable. Giving me some errors(notices only) for the admin when I go to it because I have to since the Top Page and or Start Page neither of them want to load. It just starts to but then hangs up. I can see it progressing but after 15 minutes I give up. If I hit the stop button on the browser tool bar the top header part (logo, banner) will show. I hit refresh and it just hangs out there again. I have cleared browser cache, history, cookies, logged out, logged back in, cleared template_c, updated system. I have tried all I can to solve the problem.
I just discovered it happening today in the 2.0.14-RC1 version. Then I caught wind of the 2.0.14 final/snapshot and now have it installed. Same thing is happening.
I have read the fact, checked my php.ini etc. etc. etc. No Luck! It just doesn't want to render in anything ecept the site/admin.php and then it doesn't always display visually the same way everytime.
Just so you know. I was going to submit it to the tracker but can't figure it out. Then when I thought I had it, I got an internal server error on the tracker page. I think my brain is about to explode! This has been an all day thing and it has gotten really old. But I believe it is a bug and needs to be squashed. Wish I could do it but I haven't a clue. I wanted to keep this shorter but I don't know any other way to explain it and the eradic behavior.

If I turn off debug the site seems to run just fine.

Thanks

If someone could submit this to tracker that would be great.

Here is my server and system info.

General Server Information:

Apache: 1.3.36 (UNIX)
PHP: 4.4.2
MySQL: 4.1.20 (std.log)
Register_globals: ON

PC Browser

Widnows XP Home Edition

XOOPS 2.0.14 (snapshot)

Quest

Quest
  • 2006/7/13 2:11

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

This happens in 2.0.14 as well. But I just discovered my gzip compression in preferences/general settings was set to "yes". I turned it off and now everything is okay!

Quest

Login

Who's Online

354 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 354

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits