john47
Distinctive Graphics and Web Design
  • 2006/6/22 19:56

• john47

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/24

http://www.distinctive-graphics.com

We make graphics, banners, logos, and create websites.

gestroud
Re: Distinctive Graphics and Web Design
  • 2006/6/23 1:17

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

You're off to a decent start. Here's some thoughts.

I remember a Bugs Bunny cartoon with a character he called the "Interesting Monster." The monster had BB cornered and BB came up with a beautician schtick.

"My stars, what an Interesting Monster. .. If an Interesting Monster can't have an interesting hairstyle I don't know what to do."

It kind of comes into play here: Distinctive Graphics should have a distinctive theme of its own. Too many people are using that particular theme to really call it "distinctive."

You did a great job on your header, and I took a look at RushFactor.net. That looked pretty good, too. Is Your Crib Site.com one of yours? Great design work there.

The AOL widget doesn't look like it's working for some reason. Could be security setting on my computer.

Maybe consider using a photo gallery module as your portfolio - especially if you'll be designing a lot of themes and sites.

You might also think about using a Contact module like Liaise; it's a bit more flexible and allows you to create customized forms for your clients.

Like I said, you're off to a good start with your site. It'd be interesting to see the direction you take it.

Bassman
  • 2006/6/23 1:24

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I would definitely lose the annoying popup advertising too. Nothing kills my appreciation for a site quicker.

msdana
  • 2006/6/23 3:02

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

gestroud wrote:
Quote:
Distinctive Graphics should have a distinctive theme of its own. Too many people are using that particular theme to really call it "distinctive."

Agreed.

Also, on your website you state
Quote:
Most web design companies are owned by young entrepreneur's with limited experience.

I am quite certain that information is incorrect. The Graphic Artists Guild and Creative Latitude can provide more accurate statistics for you. You really don't want to step on anyone's toes and misinform your visitors

Will you be adding more to your porfolio? If you offer a variety, you should display a few from each type of design solution you advertise/offer.

Keep up the good work, and good luck!
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Distinctive
  • 2006/7/20 4:59

• Distinctive

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/20

that was me who posted... any suggestions on how to get rid of those popups? i dont get them but i guess others do. IS there anything i can do to get rid of popups from my website? also i made the changes some of you talked about. No i did not make yourcribsite.com but just the graphic banner for the site. cant really build up a portfolio without too many clients right away. I am however posting them up as i create them for others. any suggestions on anything else people would be greatly appreciated. I have not had any customers come to me from the website, all the work ive done is freelance work in which im in contact with the person. Id like to target people all over the nation, but noone seems to want to buy from me. Again any help is appreciated and thank you all for the advice.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits