fallenturtle
Xoops Search with Mediawiki

It appears that Xoops' search feature doesn't search the mediawiki module's content. Is this so? Is there a work around ?

zyspec
Re: Xoops Search with Mediawiki
  • 2006/6/9 21:23

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

I can't answer 'exactly' since I don't have the Mediawiki module installed (and unforutnately the link to download it is currently non-operational).

To see if the MediaWiki module supports using the XOOPS search function look in /modules/mediawiki/include for a file called search.inc.php. If the file is there then the XOOPS search engine should be able to search the fields that the developers setup. If the file doesn't exist then XOOPS search won't 'crawl' the MediaWiki content.

It is, of course, possible to have the XOOPS search engine find content in MediaWiki but you may have to create or modify the search.inc.php file to make sure it searches the content you want. I'm guessing that you can find a reasonably priced developer to create/modify the file for you if you're unable to code php.

One other option is to contact the module developer and have them do it since it would seem to me to be a valuable "addition" to the MediaWiki module.

fallenturtle

Nope, it doesn't have that file. I'd actually prefer to use Wiwimod... but it doesn't appear to have a category feature like Mediawiki does.

fallenturtle

I'm *bump*ing this topic as I do want to try to use mediawiki still. There is a search.php file, but I'm not sure what the problem with it is, but I'm assuming by its inclusion that there is suppose to be a way to search the mediawiki via Xoops' built-in search function.

neill
  • 2006/8/4 0:00

• neill

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/23

right now im using wiwimod from XOOPS Brasil
its best integrated into xoops, better than doku and mediawiki
the search will look for page title and content

mediawiki is not designed for xoops, wiwi is, so that made difference
you may give that one a try

fallenturtle

Actually I'm using both. I'm use wiwimod for general content, but I need mediawiki for a specific part of the website because it has category functions.

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits