Billy885
Migrating site, need more help!
  • 2006/6/5 0:04

• Billy885

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/27

Migrating XOOPS 2.0.13.2 to a new site. Read the migration faq and did what it said. Final results, all I got was a blank page. Nothing else!

Setup PHP and MySQL on my home computer and migrated it to my home computer and it worked just fine, great.

Removed the above on the webserver and tryed to install it on the webserver, remote to me. After some todo, got it to install with only "Notices" and a few "Warning" setup some accounts still worked good. Desided to upload the migration database to the webserver and same results, "Blank Page".

Any ideas you all? Thanks in advance.

Bender
Re: Migrating site, need more help!
  • 2006/6/5 7:09

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Anything in the server log?

Did you switch php debug on after you uploaded the old db?
(see blank page faq)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

DCrussader

Quote:

all I got was a blank page.

Check the original hosting provider (HSP) PHP Installation info, and compare it to the target.

Few days ago I moved 2.0.13.2 (Marcan's hacked XOOPS) from one HSP to another, the first try was the same like u, cos the targeted one was PHP 5.0.3 without PHP4 support, some parts of this heavyli hacked XOOPS not work with PHP5.

Also the first one was on Apache 1.3.33, the targeted was on 2.0.54 (bugiest ever Apache released).

Third and most awfull, the targeted HSP MySQL was compiled on (my lovely) Gentoo with Latin1 by default on all tables. The first one was on UTF-8.

So when u find the difference u can fix it simple, u have to made some table changes in the database (if there is a change too), and u are in.

Or to do like me, to give a big "holy #OOPS#, with a lot of f..#$#" and to change to another with give u the required information in advance.
May The Source Be With You!

Billy885
  • 2006/6/5 12:03

• Billy885

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bender wrote:
Anything in the server log?

Did you switch php debug on after you uploaded the old db?
(see blank page faq)

Bender, the blank page faq, did not help me.

1. ...admininstration menu, go to Preferences, select 'Main'. What menu are they talking about here?

2. I ran the query in MyPHPadmin and here is the output:

Affected rows: 0 (Query took 0.0008 sec)
SQL query:
UPDATE xxxxxxx_config SET conf_value =1 WHERE conf_name = 'debug_mode'

xxxxxxx = my install prefix

3. I changed "error_reporting(0);" to "error_reporting(E_ALL);" in "common.php" and that did not help either.

The others I cant do as I am on a shared server and it is running IIS not apache.

I am still getting a blank page.

Thanks for trying you all, I check back later and see if anythings been added or I messed up somewhere.

Billy885
  • 2006/6/7 1:41

• Billy885

• Just popping in

Success! Got it up and running thanks for the insight you all. Have another problem but I will let the owner take that up with you all.

Login

Who's Online

510 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 510

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits