autumnstone
need digg.com like Modules!
  • 2006/6/3 15:53

• autumnstone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/21

there is a open pligg.com program,can be hack to a XOOPS Modules ?

thanx!

gestroud
Re: need digg.com like Modules
  • 2006/6/3 17:41

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I don't think that there's an automated way for XOOPS to do that yet, but I have a feeling that some whiz at coding could make it work.

Generally, I guess you'd have to take an article module - news or AMS probably - and set up the categories you want accepted stories to be placed in. This section would be visible to everyone that visits the site.

Next, you'd have to set up duplicate categories visible only to registered members. This would be where stories are voted on.

Now comes the part where wunderkind coders come in. Some type of code would have to be written that checks the articles in the submit section. If it has a certain amount of votes by a certain timeframe, it gets moved to the appropriate category in the public section.

I'd imagine it's possible to do this manually. The news module has a statistics section in its admin area for each story.

One thing you would probably have to do is set up a Waiting Articles block on the homepage that is visible to everyone, but accessible only to registered members for viewing and voting.

carnuke
Re: need digg.com like Modules
  • 2006/8/22 7:29

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Weblinks module by ohwada.net will do this, however it's a links module. Im not sure how much text we can put in it, although it does allow HTML and XOOPS codes in the input. I think some small hacking around the templates could make it work and look reasonable.

It will promote entries that are rated higher in 2 ways; either in the latest list or in the header. Problem is we can't bury an article like in Digg. That would need a code hack.
hhttp://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits