Gatozcat
Copy/paste
  • 2006/5/31 22:58

• Gatozcat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/31

Okay, I'm really new at ALL of this! What I need to know about now is what can I use to "copy/paste" stuff I have on my computer and have it show up on the site? I have stuff in .doc and .pdf formats and don't really want to have to put them in a download folder for people to see them. These all have text and graphics, mostly .jpg.

Any help would be great!

Quest
Re: Copy/paste
  • 2006/6/1 4:05

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

This would all depend on what module you wanted to use to present your information. In simple terms, choose the module you want to use. Go into the submit area of that module. Open your .doc or your .pdf on your pc, highlight the info, copy it, then paste it into the text area of your module form and submit it. Your images will have to be uploaded and can be stored in a directory or you could use the database for the image manager. Most modules of the type you may be talking about needing to use will provide you with a method to insert or upload and insert the picture.
This was very brief for the type of question you ask and info you have provided but I hope it helps to get you started.

Quest

P.S. Have a look around the F.A.Q.s and the new Documentation site. Links are in the Main Menu on the Left.

barkndog
  • 2006/6/2 18:19

• barkndog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/19

Just so you know, when you copy and paste into text areas you lose text formatting. In other words, all the bolded text, color, font size, etc of your text is no longer there.

I solved this by installing XK Editor, which keeps the format of the text when you cut and paste into it. I got it working on the News module, I haven't really tested it in other areas. But it's not hard to set up, just search for XK Editor and go from there.

carnuke
  • 2006/6/2 18:35

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Yes using a wysiwyg editor such as html area or similar preserves foramtting. If you paste directly from MSword you should use the cleanup feature if you have it installed to get rid of all the crap MS word produces. Important point:make sure yiu upload all your images and know how to reach them iehttp://samplesite.com/uploads/images/myimage.jpg or better still use reative URLs ie '/uploads/images/myimage.jpg' if you do this you can move your site easily and not wory about having to update URLs.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

Login

Who's Online

97 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 97

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits