petarn
WF-Links is not displaying links in Category Listings
  • 2006/5/19 23:24

• petarn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/14

WF-Links is not displaying links in Category Listings. I found the following post and did the following steps with no change for my problem:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=42869&forum=28

File: viewcat.php
Description: fix page navigation on link pages.

line 206
========
old : $list_by = "'cid=' . $cid";
new : $list_by = "cid=$cid";

----------------------------------------------------------

File: viewcat.php
Description: pagenav not working in 'Browse links by alphabetical listing'

line 184
========
old : $list_by = "'list=' . $list";
new : $list_by = "list=$list";

----------------------------------------------------------

File: topten.php
Description: Popularity and Rating lists not showing
Solution: typo in line 34, groupid should be pid

lines 34 old
=============
$result = $xoopsDB -> query( "SELECT cid, title, groupid FROM " . $xoopsDB -> prefix( WFLINKS_CAT ) . " WHERE pid=0" );

lines 34 new
=============
$result = $xoopsDB -> query( "SELECT cid, title, pid FROM " . $xoopsDB -> prefix( WFLINKS_CAT ) . " WHERE pid=0" );

Note: In line 46 and 64 of the file viewcat.php the term 'groupid' is used also.
Changing this to 'pid' didn't change anything noticeable.

You can see at the sitehttp://www.mx96.com/modules/wflinks/ There are 2 Categories and 1 Links listed. Under Popularhttp://www.mx96.com/modules/wflinks/topten.php?list=hit or Top Rated you can view the link but not in the Category Listings. I triedhttp://www.wf-projects.com but the sites are empty. Are they still around?
Can anybody help me?

McDonald
Re: WF-Links is not displaying links in Category Listings
  • 2006/5/20 0:14

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

WF-Projects stopped and most of their modules have been taken over by the Smart Factory team.

You can download a fixed version of WF-Links 1.03 here.

Do not forget to set all the different permission settings for each category in the admin panel.

petarn
  • 2006/5/20 0:25

• petarn

• Just popping in

McDonald thx you so much truly appreciated!

McDonald
  • 2006/5/20 0:27

• McDonald

• Home away from home

You can just overwrite the file of the version you've installed already.
After this you have to update the module from the admin panel only.

Good luck!

petarn
  • 2006/5/20 1:47

• petarn

• Just popping in

Ok I still can’t figure it out. I even uninstalled the mod deleted it and reloaded the new one and installed it. Disabled all other Modules except the System, created a Category and Link. Set all the different permission settings to all. With the same result Popularity and Rating will show the links but if you go by Category Listings no links.
What am I missing? What else can I try?

McDonald
  • 2006/5/20 2:08

• McDonald

• Home away from home

There's nothing more to set.
I've just installed it on my local test server (Xoops 2.0.13.2) and everything was working fine.
My production website is powered by XOOPS 2.2.4 and has no problems either.

skalpa
  • 2006/6/22 13:03

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

I found the bug in WF-Links that makes it incompatible with XOOPS 2.0.14.
The point is that it's really a WF-Links problem that was invisible with old versions, and manifests itself now that I changed the XoopsForm output to make it standard compliant, so there was nothing really possible on XOOPS side.

The problem: the "add link" admin page contains 2 form elements named "cid". One is an hidden element whose value is always 0, the other one is the category selectbox.
With 2.0.13, the hidden element was displayed before the other one, so it seems the posted value was the one of the selectbox.
2.0.14 does not write hidden elements between <tr> tags anymore (as it's invalid HTML), but after the other ones, and now the new link is created with a category ID of "0" (the value of the hidden form element).

So, to make WF-Links work you have to remove this hidden element that shouldn't be here anyway:
in admin/index.php (around line 95 in my version), remove this line
Quote:
$sform -> addElement( new XoopsFormHidden( 'cid', $cid ) );

and that should fix it

EDIT: McDonald fiexd it already as far as I could see... sorry for this useless post .
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

saima01
  • 2006/6/24 5:37

• saima01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/11

hello....

i m using WF-links and was getting the same problem (link not appearing). I tried skalpa's suggestion and it worked. The links started displaying in the categories. But now i m having another problem. Whenever i click on the link, it displays this error:
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.
If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

I've checked all the permissions and found them to be correct. Please help me out.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits