Cuidiu
Adding to adminactivate.tpl
  • 2006/5/12 7:45

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/4/23

Is there a way I can add all the member sign up details to the adminactivate.tpl so that the person who receives the new member notification email also gets the member's information? The screen that appears to a member after he completes register.php and he's shown the fields to confirm would be perfect to add to the adminactivate.tpl. Would this be a complicated matter? I've done a few minor hacks successfully for other things concerning the register page. This is the last (I think) thing I need to figure out in this area.

I'm using the extended profiles module, XOOOPs 2.2.4 so there are extra fields we'd need to include. Possible?

Thanks.
[size=x-small]Working sites:
XOOPS 2.0.16 PHP 5.2.2, MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log, Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)
XOOPS 2.2.4, PHP 4.3.10, MySQL 3.23.58, Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)[/size]

Cuidiu
Re: Adding to adminactivate.tpl - will pay
  • 2006/5/12 23:52

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Okay then. How about this approach? I'll pay someone to help me figure it out. I have several things like this I need help with. Any takers?

msdana
  • 2006/5/13 0:23

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Doing a search brought up these topics:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=47086&forum=7&post_id=206874#forumpost206874

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=29694&forum=7&post_id=130386#forumpost130386

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16998&forum=20&post_id=71967#forumpost71967

Perhaps one of those posts can help you or point you in the right direction.

Try the Search feature...it's easy and free. Or you can pay me for doing the search for you.

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Cuidiu
  • 2006/5/13 14:36

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Thanks for your help msdana. I was a bit confused as to why you would assume I had not used the search. I have. All I have done for weeks here is use the search, read posts and try to learn. Perhaps I did not use the correct keywords but I *always* search first. If I somehow missed the posts or used the incorrect keywords, I apologize but please do not assume I'm not working hard at trying to figure it out on my own BEFORE posting. I usually spend at least an hour minimum trying to figure things out. Usually much more. Perhaps it would be helpful if I prefaced every post with "I've tried to figure out for x hours/search for ___ keywords and couldn't find the answer". If that would be more helpful, then I will do so. There's nothing more upsetting to be told to search when one has been working for hours to figure something out. And yes, because I'm a newbie, I can spend hours, sometimes days trying. And I don't want to post for fear I will get either no answer or someone claiming I haven't worked hard enough on my own to try to figure it out. That hurts.

As for your suggestions, thank you. They helped with where I should add fields under this area:
elseif ($xoopsModuleConfig['activation_type'] == 2)
but not with the field names/formats. Since I'm using extended profiles, I do not know where to find the field name and how to add it to the adminactivate.tpl. The fields are not in register.php. I see this;
/ Get fields
$fields =& $profile_handler->loadFields();
but that's all. I do not see the individual fields. Are they there and I'm just missing them? Are they in another file? Would I use the fields from the database, xm-memberstats, somewhere else? Do they look like _FIELDNAME or UFIELDNAME? If I could figure that out, I think I can figure out how to incorporate it in the adminactivate.tpl (though that's probably more wishful thinking).

What keywords would you suggest I use to try to find the answers?

Quote:

msdana wrote:
Doing a search brought up these topics:

Try the Search feature...it's easy and free. Or you can pay me for doing the search for you.

HTH

Will_H
Re: Adding to adminactivate.tpl
  • 2006/5/13 14:43

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I have not attempted this, seems like a great idea!

I will not be home until this evening but I will see what I can do, hope I am able to help.

elseif

perhaps there is an alternative solution rather than editing the template.

Like I said though cant even look into it until this evening

cheers until then.

Cuidiu
  • 2006/5/13 14:52

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Thank you Biteronboard! The non XOOPS form these people are using have results of the form sent to them for administrative purposes. Once they start using XOOPS, they *could* go into the Admin and do a search for inactive users and find the info they need to complete the approval process but those are extra steps they wouldn't have to take if the results were sent in the notify email. Whatever you can do to help would be much appreciated!
Quote:
Biteronboard wrote:
I have not attempted this, seems like a great idea!

I will not be home until this evening but I will see what I can do, hope I am able to help.

elseif

perhaps there is an alternative solution rather than editing the template.

Like I said though cant even look into it until this evening

cheers until then.

msdana
  • 2006/5/13 15:37

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Cuido,

I apologize if you feel hurt. That was not my intention, nor am I assuming or claiming anything. You asked for help and I tried to point you in the right direction by giving you links to a search result using adminactivate.tpl. I'm sorry I can't provide additional help.

I don't know what key words you used or are using, but try "adminactivate.tpl" (like I did), or "extended profiles", "admin email".

Again, I apologize. Perhaps I need to tone down my humor when trying to help.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Cuidiu
  • 2006/5/13 16:00

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Thank you msdana for your reply. I guess your suggestion that I try the search feature or pay you to use it implied that I had not tried it. At least, that's how I took it. I understand newbies get to be a real pain when they don't read the FAQs or search for posts and that you were using humor as a gentle nudge in that direction but in all my searches and even in the ones you did yourself, my question was not answered. I think because I am a newbie and do not know what to use to add the fields could be why. If I were a PHP coder perhaps all I'd need is one of the posts you recommended and I'd be on my way but alas, I am not a PHP coder. Please know I do appreciate you trying to help and most importantly, your last post. I think I need to get my head out of trying to figure this out for a while. Obviously, the stress of it has gotten to me! I will check in again later on to see if Biteronboard has some suggestions.

Cuidiu

Will_H
  • 2006/5/15 0:40

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

ok sorry for the delay. Busy weekend.

heres is where we are

activate.php
Quote:

}
} elseif ($xoopsModuleConfig['activation_type'] == 2) {
$xoopsMailer =& getMailer();
$xoopsMailer->useMail();
$xoopsMailer->setTemplate('adminactivate.tpl');
$xoopsMailer->setTemplateDir(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/modules/profile/language/".$xoopsConfig['language']."/mail_template");
$xoopsMailer->assign('USERNAME', $newuser->getVar('uname'));
$xoopsMailer->assign('USEREMAIL', $newuser->getVar('email'));
$xoopsMailer->assign('USERACTLINK', XOOPS_URL.'/modules/profile/activate.php?op=actv&id='.$newid.'&actkey='.$actkey);
$xoopsMailer->assign('SITENAME', $xoopsConfig['sitename']);
$xoopsMailer->assign('ADMINMAIL', $xoopsConfig['adminmail']);
$xoopsMailer->assign('SITEURL', XOOPS_URL."/");
$member_handler =& xoops_gethandler('member');
$xoopsMailer->setToGroups($member_handler->getGroup($xoopsModuleConfig['activation_group']));
$xoopsMailer->setFromEmail($xoopsConfig['adminmail']);
$xoopsMailer->setFromName($xoopsConfig['sitename']);
$xoopsMailer->setSubject(sprintf(_PROFILE_MA_USERKEYFOR, $newuser->getVar('uname')));
if ( !$xoopsMailer->send() ) {

From what I see here, you will need to set the variables before they can be used

Here is what I have gotten to work thus far in adminactivate.tpl
Quote:

Hello {X_UNAME},

A new user has just registered an account at {SITENAME}.

{USERNAME}
{USEREMAIL}
{IP}

Clicking on the link below will activate the account of this user:

{USERACTLINK}

-----------
{SITENAME} ({SITEURL})
webmaster
{ADMINMAIL}

The strange thing about this is that the variable {IP} is undefined in activate.php, so where is this variable coming from. Also is there a longer list of variables like this that are predefined?

I will keep at it but remember a couple things.

Templates need to be fresh before they will work. I was only able to get this working by cloning the default agian, and regenerating after I saved it. Seems that clearing didnt relly help.... Maybe its just a fluke.

Cuidiu
  • 2006/5/15 5:09

• Cuidiu

• Quite a regular

Hi Biteronboard,

Thank you for your efforts on this. I haven't been having much luck. So... I should add those variables to activate.php and then adminactivate.tpl? I also need to figure out where the other variables are as I have a few more I want to include...

Quote:
Biteronboard wrote:
ok sorry for the delay. Busy weekend.

heres is where we are

activate.php

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits