hutman
multimenu oddness
  • 2006/5/9 8:53

• hutman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/15

Ok this is an ongoing issue for those of you that know (quest, wizanda etc!)

www.cgenie.net

I have some oddities occuring:

1) Why the heck does a right-click menu appear whenever you click the mouse?!!

2) In IE6 the site menu submenu appears about 30 pixels lower than it should - but in Firefox and co - it appears absolutely fine....

Any ideas?!

solo71
Re: multimenu oddness
  • 2006/5/9 11:21

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

1) Because your block setting is set on "Contextual menu". See blocks settings.

2) I depends on which bloc you have activated. You can change the css and script values by editing the concerned bloc settings.

hutman
  • 2006/5/9 11:36

• hutman

• Just popping in

Hi Solo -

1) I can't see any 'contextual menu' in the block settings - the only thing related or similar in either your help files or from looking through all the options is the block formate settings 'context ' and 'context2' - my menu isn't set to these anyway - it's dropdown horizontal... I must be missing some block setting option somewhere?!!? Does anyone know where this 'contextual menu' can be found?

2) I've got dropdown horizontal activated at the moment, but to be honest I'll be happy with any horizontal menu that works! I'll have another dig into the block code for that menu...

wizanda
  • 2006/5/9 12:01

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

fixed now...now see if that works with mine?

hutman
  • 2006/5/9 12:03

• hutman

• Just popping in

hmm I solved the right-click by changing one of the context2 settings in a totally different menu!? Hmm, well it's fixed now anyway!

Now if I can just figure out why IE6 doesn't display it properly I'll be a happy chappy indeed...

Basically I've got it to the stage where if I set my menu to dropdown horizontal it appear perfectly in all browsers - if I set it to horizontal CSS - it messes up in both browsers!

I've left the site at the 'messed up stage' can anyone see any reason why it'd shove everything over the right if I have a css menu?

I much prefer the look of the CSS menu - so if it's possible, then I'd vastly prefer that - but it appears to be more hassle than it's worth!

wizanda
  • 2006/5/9 12:14

• wizanda

• Home away from home

ok I will fix the ie issue in a sec for you, the reason is my fault in a way, I totally missed multimenu can do that.

I would suggest having the main nav menu as A, as then you are free to use the rest.

What I had done is pointed the dropdown menu at the index menu being multimenu 1, this then made it that they both linked and when nav bar was showing it got its info from there.
So making context for the page be on also.

A context menu popup is amazing and when I asked about a popup menu system, that is what I wanted solo

As then on each page you need it you can display a context menu and it will be a popup if they right click.

Makes sense now sorry, I wasted yer time it was the witch you were right! she gave you bad luck!!

Yet i learned something about multimenu that is one of its most amazing feature I feel, as you don't see that on many sites and now I know, I can use it, i will.

hutman
  • 2006/5/9 12:22

• hutman

• Just popping in

Hi Wizanda - yeah I've fixed that now - it's just the bugging CSS that is messing up - you can see what a mess it is on www.cgenie.net

I'm trying to think why CSS would mess up and the other menus wouldn't...

I've basically got a choice of Javascript menu that appears much lower when moused over in IE6

or

A CSS menu that would look cool if I could get the #OOPS# thing working and would appear the same in IE6 and others... I hope...

blueteen
  • 2006/5/9 14:05

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

what's your problem ?
even it menu is under home menu ?

in blocks options, for this menu, change blocks width to 140 instead of 160px by default)

wizanda
  • 2006/5/9 14:37

• wizanda

• Home away from home

lol i just did that (even it) means it is upto him to even it up,
I got stressed with the system aston has used in making the theme and trying to make it 800x600 viewable, as all site should be for old grannies with antique pc's....
Yet there are loads of messurements in the css which make it tricky to reorder his sites and fit stuff.

Yet that should be better then it was

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits