rogue_77
Need modules help! Need a good gallery!!
  • 2006/4/16 6:22

• rogue_77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

Ok, this would be about the 3rd time I've installed XOOPS to "give it another shot." I like the setup of it and would love to use it, but everytime I install it theres some little tweak that I just can't deal with for my use...

I currently have 4600+ pictures to upload into about 20 different categories. I've used various XOOPS modules and liked only one, but I hated that one because I had to hand approve every picture and pick the category. I have a good number of downloads to add to the site, and users should be able to post anything they want(downloads, articles, pictures, comments, etc). I also want a wiki option that can use multiple wikis and a phpbb type of forum(I much prefer phpBB to any XOOPS forum). Also a good article management or blog setup with comments, etc.

I'm looking to use Xoops(any version), Joomla, or any other CMS out there that has a good support system, easily editable(theme, module, content) and I need your help at which modules or CMS' can do these things I want.

The pictures is the main thing because there are so many I have and they would probably be the core to the site. I don't like the whole "album" thing. I'd just like to make categories and upload directly into those, easily. Have all the pictures pre-approved and easily uploaded. IE; I upload a category of pictures into a directory and I goto admin and approve that entire directory and that dir is moved into the category for viewing. Easy as pie.. I have not found anything that easy. Everything I run across seems like its meant for sites that will have 100 pictures, not 4000. Should be same deal with my downloads because I'd add alot of those. Also media players for movies.

I'm looking for which modules because I can't test them all, to time consuming and very confusing and messy.

If you can lay down a structure for me, thatd be great! Like: XOOPS 2.0.2.13, mydownloads, p-album, popupblog, arms, etc. Or just any advice.

Thanks a ton!

Joe

spankee
Re: Need modules help! Need a good gallery!!
  • 2006/4/16 7:09

• spankee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

For a gallery I use gallery2 which has an integration herehttp://xoopsgallery.org/ Some people have been having setting it up initially but once you get it working you cant go wrong.

For wikis you can look on this sitehttp://xoopsforge.com/

Did you mention downloads? you can try this one herehttp://smartfactory.ca/

Good luck!

jensclas

Joe - please don;t double post! It is confusing...answered your other one.

Will_H
  • 2006/4/17 3:44

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

are you friggin kidding me dude. go check one of your 3 other posts.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits