soulscriber
Displaying Main Topic Stories in News Module Top Page
  • 2006/4/16 0:53

• soulscriber

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/16

Hi,

I have what seems a simple problem, but I can't seem to figure it out.

When users select a main 'news category' topic from the selection menu, all the stories with that 'main topic' don't appear on the main page underneath the selector. Only when I select a specific 'sub-topic' do they appear underneath.

I was wondering if there is a way to simply have the stories in a main topic appear when that main topic is selected in the 'news category' selection block.

So basically, when someone selects a 'main topic' they end up with nothing underneath, even though there is content in the sub-topics. They have to select that subtopic in order to view the content.

What can I do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jensclas
Re: Displaying Main Topic Stories in News Module Top Page

Hmm...I reckon it has to do with your block settings - have just been poking around in my own...I have categories but not subcategories...Is News your start page?
As my news is my start page all my News related blocks can be turned on of off in the blocks admin of 'top page'. However, if I go to 'site news' to turn blocks on/off none of the site news blocks are there visiable or otherwise...so I am now asking questions myself...anyway...play with your blocks admin and turn on some of the content blocks like 'Random news' - that way there will at least be something there all the time.

Will_H
Re: Displaying Main Topic Stories in News Module Top Page
  • 2006/4/17 3:43

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits