need_help
ISO new hosting company
  • 2006/4/10 22:04

• need_help

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/10

Hi everyone,

I have a small business website that was created with Xoops.

I am having a terrible time with my current hosting company, OLM. Servers constantly down, useless tech support... I need a new hosting company, fast!

I was very interested in a company called powweb, which seemed to get good user reviews. But my web designer said she does not think it will work with Xoops, although I am not technologically advanced enough to understand why.

Please forgive my ignorance... but does anyone here have any experience with this hosting company, www.powweb.com? Or have any recommendations for a company for my small business to use for hosting that will give me PHP, MySql, web-accessible email (prefer SquirrelMail, but that's not really important) and tech support that actually does something... and most importantly, a reliable server that isn't down every day. Reliability is more important to me than price.

Looking for responses from REAL people (webmasters, developers, business owners), NOT companies pushing their own services.

Any input if much appreciated.

Thanks!

adrock
Re: ISO new hosting company
  • 2006/4/10 22:17

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

How about a response from 'both'

Littleman Hosting (www.littlemanhosting.net) offers everything that you are looking for, and the owner, that'd be me...uses XOOPS as his first choice for CMS installs for clients.

There are two basic hosting packages shown on the site, but if you are looking for something 'custom made' just contact me (here, or there) and let me know what you need.

I offer everything from Full Dedicated servers with Tier 3 connectivity all the way down to simple shared hosting for personal use....with or without c-panel too.

I will keep my personal opinions about powweb and iPowweb to a minimum and simply say "I USED to have a hosting account with them once too!"

Good Luck in your search for a new host! and here's wishing you success with your new web-venture!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

need_help
Re: ISO new hosting company
  • 2006/4/10 23:09

• need_help

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/10

Thanks adrock, I'll check your site out.

Also interested to know if anyone has any experience with aplus.net. They seem to have a good plan for a small business with everything I'm looking for, just wondering if anyone has used them.

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits