Quest
Strange Stuff! A number (1) showing up on my site/themes ???
  • 2006/4/5 18:48

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I haven't been around for the last three or four days. I logged into my site and there is a number one showing up at the very top left of the opening page. I have no idea why or where it came from. I checked the theme and it doesn't show up in the theme file but if I view source of the the page it is there. Like this:

1<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>

PHP DEBUG shows nothing but those annoying notices.
Smarty Debug didn't turn up anything either.
MYSQL DEBUG didn't turn up anything either. Not that I could tell.

Darned if I know where it came from or how to get rid of it. Like I said. It isn't in my theme.html but shows up when I go to the site. Any ideas?

Xoops 2.0.13.2 and all my other stuff is good to go for the PHP, MySQL, Linux etc. etc. etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Quest

V6-Maniac
Re: Strange Stuff! A number (1) showing up on my site/themes ???
  • 2006/4/5 21:12

• V6-Maniac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/15

I had the same problem when i installed the multiblock hack.
Also using 2.0.13.2 unfortunaly i can't remember what i did.
I wrote it down somewhere but it is lost in a pc crash.
I do know i edit the /include/common.php and /root/header.php.

Althought i do not know where your problem comes from.
You could try to put the original files where i am talking about back.
Or does some one else have a better solution.

Quest
  • 2006/4/5 23:17

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks Mate you were absolutely correct. Heeheehee. My playing around with the MultiHack (Which is a Great HACK!) caused me the problem. I tried to modify a third party modules blocks admin with the hack codes too. All went well and fine. But if I use one of those blocks in other than the normal Lcenter, Ccenter, or RCenter then I get that crazy #1 showing up at the top left of my module page. Not sure why....
I was succesfull with using the Hack to Hack that particular module blocks admin and if the block will go LcenterBottom, LcenterCenterBottom or RcenterBottom like I want but when I put it down there is when I get that crazy character #1 showing up. Oh well...

Ummm, now I wish I could remember which files I need to put back. :) I'll figure it out somehow I guess.

Thanks again,
Quest

Quest
  • 2006/4/9 12:58

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

Well it wasn't with the module it appears to actually have something to do with the MultiBlock Hack itself. I can figure out what/where the problem is generating from. I really like the idea of having the choice of center blocks above and below main Module Content for certain aspects of my site.
If anyone has any good ideas on why this is happening and how to solve the problem please let me know.
The number 1 only inserts itself when I choose to place a block below Content. And it appears in the top left corner of the screen above my header logo, banner etc.

Quest

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits