petkove
XOOPS IDE ?
  • 2006/4/5 12:59

• petkove

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

Hey i'm programming in c# and visual studio 2005 and lately i discovered if there wasn't for IntelliSense (intelligent autocompelete), i would write code half slower and bother with things what's that function name again... and hmm... how many parameters of which type..
SO: do you know any good ide that supports xoops?
I know it is built dynamicaly - that's why i will ask this question:
do you think that if i give search 'n replace on all files:
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH => 'c:/whereverihavexoopsinstalled'
will it help?

i tried and it helped - but just for one file...

I even found a php extension for visual studio 2005 ! - VS.php - from jcxsoftware. It's quite good, but it crashes when i put a large XOOPS site for project - it works with clean XOOPS install though...

The main point why i'm writing this topic is: i assure you - if we find a simple way how to convert all files for IDE's to see them as one project - to at least use intellisense, the growth of XOOPS devs will rise.

zyspec
Re: XOOPS IDE ?
  • 2006/4/5 14:22

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Great idea. You might try Crimson Editor. It has the normal language extensions (php, c, etc) has project support but it's also extensible. I haven't tried to see if it'll support autocomplete (it will "show" you if the syntax is correct - by changing text color) but I'm not sure how to pop up something that shows function names, etc... but now that you've peaked my interest I'll try to remember to look at it when I get a chance....

McNaz
  • 2006/4/5 15:38

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
...in c# and visual studio 2005

/me vomits !!!

Seriously, the best PHP IDE I've come across is Eclipse with the PHPEclipse plugin. Truly awesome and about $5,000 cheaper then Redmond's excuse for an IDE .

Oh yeah... and it requires about 2GB less space on your HD...

petkove
  • 2006/4/5 16:06

• petkove

• Just popping in

Ok we wont argue about MS... which OS do you use?
VS2003 was really crappy, but vs2005 is better - i'm not saying it's the best, but MS ripped most of the opensource IDEs features and put them in vs2005 - so it is good :)

What i'm trying to achive is something for devs to think XOOPS should be: every function and class should be standardly commented and with some or none effort IDEs to recognize all classes and functions...
I think this would greatly improve clearence in xoops.

And about what i'm talking about - i am certain that many programmers who use XOOPS comercially have maybe done something like this. I worked in a firm which used Mambo - they are small, but even they have scripts for faster and nicer development.

SO YOU COMMERCIAL #OOPS#S GIVE US CLUES! :)

McNaz
  • 2006/4/5 16:17

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
What i'm trying to achive is something for devs to think XOOPS should be: every function and class should be standardly commented and with some or none effort IDEs to recognize all classes and functions...
I think this would greatly improve clearence in xoops.

Hi again petkove.

Like I said, give Eclispe 3.1 a shot. It runs fine in XP/Linux and with the PHPEclipse plugin it is just brilliant. Basically you define your site as an Eclipse project and then it all gets parsed. This means you can CTRL-Click on classes, properties and methods and the IDE will take you there. If methods have phpdoc comments then these are parsed and displayed for your auto-completion hints etc...

This is just scratching the surface. There are several other plugins to do HTML, native ANT support for builds etc... the list goes on and on.... and on and on..... on....

Quote:
but it crashes when i put a large XOOPS site for project

My laptop parses a complete XOOPS site in under 5 seconds on an old laptop.

petkove
  • 2006/4/5 16:47

• petkove

• Just popping in

i'm impressed.
IT WORKS!
Well thank you i guess everybody knew that already - but i didn't because it writes nowhere!

for searchers:
IDE tool for XOOPS - eclipse + phpeclipse
xoops editor for code :)

Tnx McNaz, tell me a trick for templates and themes (to see them as they are, not to update the DB and then refresh the page) and i say you're the MAN!

McNaz
  • 2006/4/5 17:15

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
Well thank you i guess everybody knew that already - but i didn't because it writes nowhere!

Actually, I stumbled onto Eclipse + phpeclpise by accident after trying NuSphere phped, Zen Editor etc... Like you said, nowhere does it say that that this is an excellent combination. Not bad for OS software .

Quote:
Tnx McNaz, tell me a trick for templates and themes (to see them as they are, not to update the DB and then refresh the page)

This is trickier. Theme design can be made easier by using Dreamweaver 8 and linking in the theme's css file. That gives some idea of the layout. As for template editing the same method can be used. Mind you templates can get messy when you use smarty sections, if, foreachs and other conditional branching...

I hack the template class in XOOPS so that template/theme changes are visible as soon as I hit F5 so I don't need to update the module. This saves my sanity slightly and makes template and theme development more natural in my development environment.

HTH

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits