CoolGoose
Eta for the new site ?
  • 2006/3/31 11:06

• CoolGoose

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/30

So when can we (as in users) expect the new site.

CoolGoose
Re: Eta for the new site ?
  • 2006/4/11 5:49

• CoolGoose

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/30

Great response

davidl2
  • 2006/4/11 6:01

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Work is coming along on this, and one of the first stages will be the resurrection of Docs, which is waiting for the completion of the module for their management.

We should have an update for you soon on this.

Anonymous
  • 2006/4/11 6:11

• Anonymous

• Since:

Why do you expect a new site? The details were very clear, it's a community effort... and I see very little input from the community.

leostotch
  • 2006/4/19 1:02

• leostotch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 1

Quote:
Why do you expect a new site? The details were very clear, it's a community effort... and I see very little input from the community.

Because it's a necessary first step. Open-source is not a communautary system, but a contributive one.
Somebody has to start, take the load on his shoulder, give a motivating thing to the community, ensuring the ways to contribute have been clearly defined, to make people want to join.

Quote:
Work is coming along on this, and one of the first stages will be the resurrection of Docs, which is waiting for the completion of the module for their management.

LOL
What is that ? Is somebody secretly making a 1000-monkeys-on-typewriters application somewhere ? Ever heard of something called "XOOPS" or even a "Wiki" ? Putting the docs back online as some community members did with maybe a forum module to ensure potential contributors have a place to come to would not require more than a couple days, what is that magical module that prevented anything from being published 2 months ?

jensclas

Quote:
LOL
What is that ? Is somebody secretly making a 1000-monkeys-on-typewriters application somewhere ? Ever heard of something called "XOOPS" or even a "Wiki" ? Putting the docs back online as some community members did with maybe a forum module to ensure potential contributors have a place to come to would not require more than a couple days, what is that magical module that prevented anything from being published 2 months ?

No...but one person can't do it all and a little collaboration of volunteers takes a bit more time than a few days. There are developers working on this as in this below from the help docs thread. Unfortunately the propsed solution is having to take more than a 'couple of days' given this plan. We wait eagerly the new WF downloads module....

Quote:
Here's what I'm trying to accomplish as soon as possible:

Use the new wf-downloads module (with multiple mirrors) to create a downloads section here on www.xoops.org for XOOPS documentation. The mirrors will be used to distribute different formats of the documentation (HTML, CHM, PDF, etc.).

I want this to be accessible, so I'll take a look at the way the list of available documents is displayed and the langauge used before I upload the whole module to this site.

Like with the repository, users can submit new documentation, growing the section. To protect them, the files themselves will be stored on the sf.net file release system.

This is just the first step: making the documentation that's already here available to all. Later steps include writing new documentation and collaborating in that

Hope that helps

Herko

Read the find help docs here thread to see how well recieved this idea was...

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits