gestroud
Protector Module Necessary in 2.2.4?
  • 2006/3/22 16:51

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Hello,

Is this module necessary in XOOPS 2.2.4, or just advised. It's a hassle to set up and tends to block me more often than not. It's kind of like having a spare tire that might not be right for my car.

Also, are its features being incorporated into the next generation of XOOPS?

thanks,
gestroud

Dave_L
Re: Protector Module Necessary in 2.2.4?
  • 2006/3/22 17:16

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I use it (Protector 2.55) with XOOPS 2.2.4.

It's not that hard to set up. Just install it from the modules admin page, and add the two lines to mainfile.php.

If it's blocking too much, you can turn it off completely from its preferences page, or adjust its individual settings.

I don't know how many of its features will be incorporated into XOOPS 2.3/2.4.

gestroud
Re: Protector Module Necessary in 2.2.4?
  • 2006/3/22 17:37

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Thanks, Dave. I think my question should have also asked: Is there any way to determine if the module actually does anything? You know?

I can go through the forum here and find a gazillion posts advising its use, but no real reason why - haven't encountered any real proof that it is blocking anything, either.

Basically, I'm trying to pare my sites down to only the files I need. My web host has restriction on the amount of files you can have and I've already used over 200, 000. So, anything superfluous goes. I know this module doesn't have as many files as some other modules, but when you multiply it by 46 XOOPS sites, the numbers get kind of big.

So......., if this module really isn't doing anything for me...

thanks again for the reply,
gestroud

Login

Who's Online

485 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 485

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits