LegendNeo
Using download module ?
  • 2006/3/20 14:36

• LegendNeo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/12

I am using PDdownload as my download module.

I have seen on different sites that as a guest u can see download listed there but when u click on download link. It takes u to the normal redirect page saying “U need to be a registered user to download this file”

How can I achieve this with PDdownload??
I mean Guest can see files but can’t download them.
Perhaps it’s some option in settings but I can’t use it.
Help me please

mreish
Re: Using download module ?
  • 2006/3/20 20:53

• mreish

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/16

I'm not sure if this is the answer or not but it's worth a try:

In the PDDownload preferences look for

Auto Approve Downloads for ALL Users:

YES - Alle groups even anonym users will have automatically access to the download.
NO - Only 'Webmaster'and 'Registered Members' will have automatically access to the download.

Toggle this to 'NO'.

LegendNeo
  • 2006/3/21 8:20

• LegendNeo

• Just popping in

It is already set to NO.
Anything else i could try?

Under "Permission" settings the only settings are for Viewing files & categories.

I cant find any setting that could restrict downloading not viewing.

I am using PDdownloads v 1.2

krobi
  • 2006/3/21 13:17

• krobi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/21

hello

i'am sorry but this is not possible with pd-downloads, because pd-downloads only list the downloads where you have the permissions to view & downloads them.

so to do what you want you have to do many code changes.
Developer of PD-Modules like PD-Downloads and PD-Links.
Webmaster of Power-Dreams.com

mreish
  • 2006/3/21 13:36

• mreish

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/16

Well I'm not so sure Krobi,

Look at /modules/PDdownloads/visit.php. This is the file you see when you download a file. It's the one that shows the disclaimer if that option is on and it's the one that says 'downloading will begin in 3 seconds...'

I think the code to do what LegendNeo wants just isn't there. I think you need to add a little logic to it.

Mantooth
  • 2006/3/21 15:20

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

i could be wrong about this... but i think you can give certain groups permission to use the module, which lets them enter pddownloads and see the files. but then you can set permissions based on categories or individual files. so they only get the "you don't have permission" message when they click the link.

if you can't do that with pddownloads, you should try wf-downloads. i'm almost positive i had my site set up like that a long time ago.

I hate Mortal Kombat

LegendNeo
  • 2006/3/24 0:52

• LegendNeo

• Just popping in

Quote:

Mantooth wrote:

i could be wrong about this... but i think you can give certain groups permission to use the module, which lets them enter pddownloads and see the files. but then you can set permissions based on categories or individual files. so they only get the "you don't have permission" message when they click the link.

if you can't do that with pddownloads, you should try wf-downloads. i'm almost positive i had my site set up like that a long time ago.

I tried every possible thing but no. It doesn’t work. The only option you can have is letting user view or not view. & if they can view, they can surly download as well.

Quote:

krobi wrote:

hello

i'am sorry but this is not possible with pd-downloads, because pd-downloads only list the downloads where you have the permissions to view & downloads them.

Isn't there some easy way to do it? (With fewer changes)

This is a great feature and I think many people will appreciate if u could do it.

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits