chris_269
reset password when site is 'locked'
  • 2006/3/18 10:39

• chris_269

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/20

Hi,
I have my site locked, and was wondering if there was a way to let users still be able to reset their password if they have lost it.

Because when you use the lostpass.php page like normal it wont work, i dont think, because it redirects you back to the login page. > due to the site being locked

If anyone has any idea of what im talking about and can give me some help, i would be very greatful!

Thanks,

gediminasbyt
Re: reset password when site is 'locked'

Website locked and you want to be able to reset passwords? Don't get it. Clarify how website is locked. If it's turned off why were would be a reson for a user to reset password? If you are locking the entire site for only private users then it's different story. Let's verify this first.

chris_269
  • 2006/3/18 23:53

• chris_269

• Just popping in

Yes, the website is locked for only private users to log into it. - Sorry for not being clearer on this!

Quest
  • 2006/3/19 0:03

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

If you set it to Off in the admin/system/preferences/general settings (???) but allowed a specific group (which you made) to access it while it is off then they should be able to use the site with all permissions you have granted for them even while it is Off. This of course only being true for those you allowed permission to sign on while the site is Turned Off. And I can't think of any reason why you would want it any other way????

Quest

chris_269
  • 2006/3/19 0:07

• chris_269

• Just popping in

They can change their password if they are logged in, however im talking about if they are not logged in, considering they have forgot their password.

At the moment if they have lost their password they have to email me and i manually give them a new one through admin.- Just thought that i could find an easier way!

They can access everything that i have set their permissions to for their groups.

Some people come to the site on an irregular basis so they dont always remember their passwords.

Chris

gediminasbyt

I know exact reason why you try to make site disabled. Most people do customize login page to look like site closed and allow only for users that are family/friends only. This approach is easiest, but you can achieve the same thing if you allow only certain modules (like login, news etc.) for anonymous and all other modules to registered users. I have looked over the code but have not seen an easy answer on how to do this as you are asking forl The problem is: when you disabe site and make it visible to only certain groups you are checking for user permissions in multiple places.

Remember XOOPS has registered and anyothergroup. You can request users to be approved by you which would mean the same thing, users see all content after they log in but you control who can login.

Need clarification ask, i'm just tired long F1 night

chris_269
  • 2006/3/19 8:46

• chris_269

• Just popping in

Thanks for that.
I might make my site public and just allow annonymos users to view certain things. Anyway thanks for your time.

Chris

Login

Who's Online

80 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 80

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits