draj
XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH
  • 2006/3/13 17:46

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo!

I have seen earlier Topics on this subject but did not find any solution. Maybe I am making a mistake.

I have configured everything and its a live XOOPS site on http://www.Domain1.com.

Now I want to have http://www.Domain2.com with the SAME installation and database.

With the respective owner and permissions, I duplicated the database, all three files MYI..., and the entire installation of working XOOPS production site.

Therefore, I have a complete duplicate with rrespective owner names and permissions.
----------------

Thereafter I changed the mainfile.php to reflect the correct UNIX path of the duplicate installation and domain + MySQL password and user.

I GET the above error:

XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH

De-activating the

define('XOOPS_CHECK_PATH', '0');

does not help. The security is still making me nuts.

Anyone had similar problems? Any ideas.

The purpose is to have a parallel Domain as a LIVE backup, with MySQL database copying in the background from LIVE to duplicate domain.

To Forum moderators:

Sorry to bother, but I made a mistake in clickting the grafic of new pst, without realising that the thread belonged to a different forum.

Hence the thread needs to be moved. This may also help others if in an appropriate forum. Really sorry about that.

Herko
Re: XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH
  • 2006/3/13 18:57

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

deepy wrote:
De-activating the

define('XOOPS_CHECK_PATH', '0');

does not help. The security is still making me nuts.

This looks to me like the site root url is pointing to the wrong domain or the wrong physical path? Disabeling the check should get the site back up (and it does on my test setup on my localhost). Make sure you're not viewing a cached version.

What about setting up a clean brand new XOOPS site (same version) fresh install first, use that mainfile.php for when you dump the database and files in that account?

Herko

draj
Re: XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH
  • 2006/3/13 19:22

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
This looks to me like the site root url is pointing to the wrong domain or the wrong physical path? Disabeling the check should get the site back up (and it does on my test setup on my localhost).

Very true. Even though everything was fine everywhere, visibilly to the Admin, it was clearly pointing to a wrong domain.

Quote:

What about setting up a clean brand new XOOPS site (same version) fresh install first, use that mainfile.php for when you dump the database and files in that account?

No need. there is a mainfile-dist.php also supplied togather. Editing this would also do the same thing.

Quote:

Make sure you're not viewing a cached version.

Thanks Herko! That was the real good tip! It could have been an intelligent Nightmare!

The wrong URL was being generated from the cached version lying in the folder "cache".

I found this out by changing the DIE notice echo to some other text and it was still showing the old notice! Stupid XOOPS cache but very very useful.

Summary:

Duplicating the XOOPS installation and database is very easy. You need to remove everything from the cache and templates_c, especially if you used or turned the cache ON!

Login

Who's Online

440 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 440

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits