ghettonet
Ajax in xoops
  • 2006/3/2 6:07

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

Has anyone implimented Ajax in a XOOPS site? That combined with the Coral CDN could save a lot of bandwidth, and I wouldn't think it would be too hard to do, if I knew what I was doing.

saeed
Re: Ajax in xoops
  • 2006/3/2 6:45

• saeed

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/27

yea AJAX is great, save time,save money, save BW !
All about electronics and hardware:
HardWare Freaks!

ghettonet
  • 2006/3/2 19:18

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

Yeah, Ajax, while over-hyped, can be very cool and really useful. Using it could save a bunch of bandwidth.

But has anyone done it? I've seen some old posts about people trying it, but has anyone actually accomplished it?

kaotik
  • 2006/3/2 19:28

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

www.kaotik.biz

Login then see my module "Tropical Mail". It uses Ajax (through the xajax library) to acomplish routines such as add, edit, delete and list.
www.kaotik.biz

ghettonet
  • 2006/3/2 22:07

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

Hm, nice. Im going to have to play around with that. I've setup my webserver to rewrite links to certain images to the Coral CDN, and that has saved a TON of bandwidth. If you have access to Apache mod rewrite, you should def. check that out. You just can't set the whole site to cache (with Xoops) though, because cookies are not forwarded. Coral would be a FANTASTIC thing to make a module for, to be able to set what files you want to re write the links to, a module would let you tweak it instead of the kind of rudimentary mod_rewrite way. Using the Coral CDN (and tweaking it) and Ajax together could conceivably lower bandwidth usage by some absurdly high percentage. I would make a module, but I have no knowledge of PHP (yet), which is the same reason I am asking about Ajax.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits