Basiatus
More Issues...
  • 2006/3/2 1:28

• Basiatus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/11

I guess when it rains (bugs) it pours ... (roaches?)

Problems:

Today I noticed the "new user registration" on longer works in the XOOPS (2.0.13.1)
installation of latinoarts.net and the message is: "Could not register new user".

I tried it myself.

------------------

Another matter is I GET THIS PERSISTENT WARNING MESSAGE when login into the administrative backend of XOOPS (2.0.13.1):

"WARNING: File /home/tecbayne/public_html/lan/mainfile.php is writeable by the server. Please change the permission of this file for security reasons.
in Unix (444), in Win32 (read-only)"

Yet if I set to "444" the next time it appers again and the file shows "644"

Last but not least in Google search "latinoarts" the website also show up as tecbay.net/lan (the subfolder where it resides) and with the generic meta tag. How can I avoid this?

Google expample search "latinoarts"
latinoarts.net - Dedicated to strengthening and deepening the cooperative relationship among California’s Latino Artists, Arts Organizations, and the communities we serve.
www.latinoarts.net/

latinoarts.net - XOOPS is a dynamic Object Oriented based open source portal script written in PHP.
tecbay.net/lan/user.php

Thank you

Rob

justjeff
Re: More Issues...
  • 2006/3/2 1:34

• justjeff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

Quote:

Basiatus wrote:

Another matter is I GET THIS PERSISTENT WARNING MESSAGE when login into the administrative backend of XOOPS (2.0.13.1):

"WARNING: File /home/tecbayne/public_html/lan/mainfile.php is writeable by the server. Please change the permission of this file for security reasons.
in Unix (444), in Win32 (read-only)"

Yet if I set to "444" the next time it appers again and the file shows "644"

My 2.2.4 install does that too, my hosting company verified that my file was set to 444, so i disabled the display code.
Jeff

Will_H
Re: More Issues...
  • 2006/3/2 3:35

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Perhaps you should try to chmod through cpanel instead of a app... just a thought.

Well no matter what you do now your meta tags and title are not going to display properly until your next spider. However if you wanna prepare you would need to edit the info at the top of your default theme.html instead of using XOOPS code go ahead and hard code it in. (type out exactly what you want to appear.) save and clear your templates_c folder... (be sure to leave index.html)

the next time you are looking in awstats and you notice that google has slammed you go ahead and check to see if that doesnt fix the problem.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits