Basiatus
XP weather 1.72 quirks
  • 2006/2/28 4:06

• Basiatus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/11

I'm using the XP-weather v 1.72 module for a client site.

We both like it very much but it has an odd quirk that some locations e.g. San Francisco don't work despite the existence of the right weather code.

Trying to set the cache folder to read & write as recommended yields nothing either.

checking the sql folder of xp-weather and the mysql.sql file I find under wmo_stations san francisco missing.

I researched at NOAA for the wmo info and entered it in sql file.

No go.

Has/can anyone fix this?

I have been trying to find someone to help me but have not succeeded in over 4 months!

Much appreciated and rewarded!

Rob

tzvook
Re: XP weather 1.72 quirks
  • 2006/2/28 8:19

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hello Basiatu

Is it on XOOPS 2.2.x series ?
I have problems with it too on 2.2.4 ....

Pnooka
  • 2006/2/28 11:58

• Pnooka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

Only thing i can think of, is that xp-weather doesn't like php register_globals = Off and maybe php safe_mode = Off. I'm not sure about the safe_mode, but i'm pretty sure about the register_globals. It might also have something to do with your current php version.

tzvook
  • 2006/2/28 12:26

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

You might be right, and since register_globals can be turn off/on on a directory basis with the use of .htacsess, I'll try that ...

10x, I didn't thought of that one

zyspec
  • 2006/2/28 15:25

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Three things....

First, I assume you saw the note in the module release description that says "The famous weather module for xoops, working again but not all the stations are functional." So apparently there are some known issues.

Secondly, do you get an error message saying "Unable to find default city weather entry in database" when logged in as Admin and try and view the weather for San Francisco? If not, then it's not a problem finding the information in the SQL database - it must be some 'other' problem - perhaps register_globals, perhaps not.

Finally, I just briefly looked at the module but one thing you should be aware of - this module uses an old version (v1.0) of the Snoopy class (used to impersonate a web browser). If you really want to use this module you should upgrade to the latest version of snoopy.class.php for security reasons. It can be found on Sourceforge.

You might try and contact Vincent (originator) to see if he's still at Delamain IT to see if he can offer any insight.

Can I ask why you want to use xp-weather instead of ms-weather?

tzvook
  • 2006/2/28 15:35

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

10x zyspec for such a detailed answere

I used the ms-weather but it didn't work well on 2.2.x
Actually' it worked but not it's block...

Now I gave it one more try and suddenly all warnings dissapeared and only notices ...

The only problem is that it has a copyrights issue (using Yahoo's database)

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits