jeffhan
is there any user management function in Xoops?
  • 2006/2/23 20:33

• jeffhan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/23

just installed the xoops, everything is fine and i got several user registed.

i want to change one user from registed user group to webmaster group, but i find there is no way to make it.

Is there any user management function in Xoops, so we could reset the user password, change the role of the user?

thanks

samer
Re: is there any user management function in Xoops?
  • 2006/2/23 20:53

• samer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

Well jeffhan,
go to admin area->system admin->edit user
You will find what you are looking for

jeffhan
  • 2006/2/23 22:40

• jeffhan

• Just popping in

that's interesting.

i don't have this entry in my xoops.

i am using system admin 2.13, which comes with the latest XOOPS edition. Is that a bug or my fault of installation?

samer
  • 2006/2/24 8:19

• samer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

To get into admin area, log-in then type www.yoursite.com/admin.php
Then you could do the changes you want.
Are you using version 2.0.13.2 ?

Bender
  • 2006/2/24 14:28

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You are probably using XOOPS 2.2.4 or another version of the 2.2.x line. Please install the "Extended profiles" module.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

draj
  • 2006/2/24 15:57

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hello Bender!

When you advise other users of upgrading it to 2.2.4, which is what I am using, please also advise togather, that using this new extended feature in the latest version has terrible terrible drawback in terms of creating fields numbers, especially if the user searches for an User Management function.

Please note that the CORE TEAM do not and did not take my message seriously when I posted here.

The fact is if one create more than about 25 fields in the extended modules table, the Group function stops working. Thereafter, the left to right shifting of users DOES NOT show up.

Hence, this piece of information is and could be very valuable for the user who is currently looking for this particular function.

I stood foolish before a non-profit organisation, even working for free, after importing 40.000 users database taking a challenge to install 70 websites as cloned from Multisites module (designed by Mitrandir) and then sometime later all the stupid users disappeared in the group management area. People do joke about it, which only discredits myself for me trusting the developers and not checking it out in the first place.

We are forced to stop the project until the CORE developers take a bit of time and listen to my message for once, which drives me nuts now!

draj
  • 2006/2/24 16:18

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hello Bender!

Here is a thread opend by myself and was perhaphs never ever noticed by any of the core developers:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=28&topic_id=45176

Due to this, I had to throw the entire XOOPS installation, after importing 40.000 users and generating about 23 sites as subsites, into the garbage. The installation was useless for the non-profit organisation and I have wasted more then 10 days.

jeffhan
  • 2006/2/24 22:15

• jeffhan

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bender wrote:
You are probably using XOOPS 2.2.4 or another version of the 2.2.x line. Please install the "Extended profiles" module.

Bender, i am using xoops-2.2.3a-Final, and the system admin module is 2.13. By default, XOOPS installed the "extended profiles" module.

After i logged in as webmaster, the submenus under my "extended profiles" are "edit account", "search", "change password".

In "edit account" option, i couldn't find any way edit user accounts except editing self's account.

Thank you guys!

gestroud
  • 2006/2/24 22:34

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

You have to click on the link that says, "List." A pop up windown will appear. Choose the user you want to edit from the dropdown menu. Click "Add" and close the window. The user's name should now be visible above the "List" link. Click the edit button to edit the user.

jeffhan
  • 2006/2/24 23:20

• jeffhan

• Just popping in

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
You have to click on the link that says, "List." A pop up windown will appear. Choose the user you want to edit from the dropdown menu. Click "Add" and close the window. The user's name should now be visible above the "List" link. Click the edit button to edit the user.

forgive my stupid, buddy

where could i find this "List" link?

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits