johntrot
Group Menu Permissions
  • 2006/2/23 16:30

• johntrot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 2

I simply want to allow different groups (sales, homeoffice, northoffice, exec, delivery, warehouse, etc.) access to different files in different directories based on their group when logging in. The following is used for admin in the user menu, but where do I get the name or number of the other 14 plus groups (still in design) I have designed so that I can place them in the main or user menu. By doing it this way the files are visiable only to the group they belong to and no one else knows they exist.

<{if $block.admin}>
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/admin.php"><{$block.lang_adminmenu}></a>
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/lists/admin/index.php" target=_blank>Mailing Administration</a>
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/transportation/index.php" target=_blank>View Driver Bonus</a>
<{/if}>

I could use multimenu or some other module for a separate menu, but the problem is that I don't know the group designation to place into code.

The files come from separate subdirectories I have installed in the root directory of the site and are not modules as such. They all use different MySQL db's or tables... I don't have the expertise to code them into different modules.
john b

gestroud
Re: Group Menu Permissions
  • 2006/2/23 16:54

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I haven't used this module personally, but it may help you administer your groups better.

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=101&lid=1488

The link to download the file may be broken. The development site is here:
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?membership

johntrot
Re: Group Menu Permissions
  • 2006/2/23 22:55

• johntrot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 2

Thanks, but that isn't what I need. I have the membership module installed, its just that I need to know how XOOPS sets up the custom groups I have defined so that I may add them to menus, etc. This would be setup in an if statement in different areas of the menus.

The membership module is fine as far as it goes, but it simply doesn't go far enough in managing members. There are many aspects of a member that just arn't available in any membership module at the moment, and I'm to much of a novice to code the things I need. If there was a module that allowed you to add membership attributes as you need them. Wow what an improvement. Everyone's membership has unique and special needs. I just haven't found a membership module that will do that yet.

The mailing list put out by tincan is a prime example of adding variables and deleting variables as you desire. I just wish it was a membership module (rather than a mailing list) that was supported by xoops.
john b

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits