tzvook
Theme Changer for Xoops 2.2.x
  • 2006/2/22 9:01

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

This is slightly modified (for XOOPS 2.2.x) version of the original Module from Amethyst Blue, the only changes are in the themes/z_changeable_theme directory (assign.php + assign0.php files).

Files can be downloaded here

This version is compatiable with the "old" theming structure and also with the new 2.2.x structure.

The only drawback (which effects only the new 2.2.x themes with the scrollDown Dhtml Menu) is the ability to pass the lang vars from the 'themes/default/language/your_lang/main.php' to the 'themes/default/navigation/theme_usernav.html' ..... which I can't figure how to .....
So whoever uses it can hard code those vars, or wait a bit till I'll figure it out or get a little help from all those php wizards in XOOPS Forums...

Installation:
Copy the 'themes/z_changeable_theme' in the zip file into your themes XOOPS directory,
Copy the 'modules/theme_changer' to your XOOPS module directory,
Install the module like any other module,
Open your XOOPS general preferences main page @ the Admin, change your (and your users) theme to the 'z_changeable_theme' ....
open the 'THEME CHANGER' module admin and see how easy it is to configure....

I'll gladely get help with those vars mentioned above, as my hack came of "urgent need" and not out of php knoladge... and I'm sure a lot of users will be glad to see 2.2.2 full compebility so: help will be welcome!
Since it wasn't tested it on a production site, but I didn't found any bug yet, please send bug reports to this thread.

Original Auther: Amethyst Blue, A few changes by Tzvook for XOOPS 2.2.x compebility

cerbero
Re: Theme Changer for Xoops 2.2.x
  • 2006/2/22 12:49

• cerbero

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/11

Thanks man, i've tested and runs OK:
http://www.ayamontecofrade.com

tzvook
  • 2006/2/22 13:30

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

cerbero wrote:
Thanks man, i've tested and runs OK:
http://www.ayamontecofrade.com

Nice design cerbero, and by the way, lang files are welcome ... I'll gather them all for the finale fixed release ... since the original Author is kinda Anonimus ...

cerbero
  • 2006/2/22 16:08

• cerbero

• Not too shy to talk

Staand by me for translation to Spanish, teel me when finish the codification. This version in ayamontecofrade.com was not translated because its only "admin side", jeje.

cerbero
ooops!
  • 2006/2/22 16:21

• cerbero

• Not too shy to talk

Here can you take the spanish version of this usefull module:

DrClone

tzvook
Re: ooops!
  • 2006/2/22 17:04

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

10x cerbero

Your translation is for version 2.0 inside a zipped 2.6 version of the module which I didn't knew that exists ...
I'll try it under XOOPS 2.2.x and will come back with results (hopefully)
But my problem is that the only full translation of this version is Japanese ... rest of the translations are for version 2.0.

I'll upload the 2.6 version later on ... asking for translation from Japanese to English.

tzvook
Re: ooops!
  • 2006/2/22 20:37

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Version 2.6 is here here with unfinished translation (Japanese is unknown to me so a few words left untranslated)

Original (Japanese full translation only) is here

1. I'm asking for translation from Japanese to English for the few lang vars that are still missing.

2. More languages are welcome.

3. Since some vars (for the scrollDown Dhtml Menu of the new 2.2.x Themes) are still not working I hope someone will help with those ...

tzvook
Theme Changer 4 Xoops 2.2.x ... just a little incompibility
  • 2006/2/24 7:25

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Bump .......................... !!!

If anybody is using it, please take a look if there's a way to pass the lang vars to the new theming scrollDown bar... It's the only uncompibility with 2.2.x series and I would realy want to tag it as one "more 2.2.x module" for use ...

and for the 2.6 .... the few untranslated words to English...

technigrafa
Re: Theme Changer 4 Xoops 2.2.x ... just a little incompibility

Okay, this looks like a very useful module, but I have a question:

I am running a site with NO default module for the startpage and I want that "home" page to have a different theme than every other module. I thought the "Top page" and "Others" settings would do this, but it doesn't look like it.

I guess I can do the opposite and set the home page theme as the default and set every other module to use something else, but it would be nice if you didn't have to do that.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits