Stewdio
OSx86Project - CMS, or in-house coding?
  • 2006/2/20 23:28

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

While I was surfing around today reading the news, I came across the OSx86Project home page and started to wonder if the site is built on a CMS frontend or if it's an in-house coding project.

Considering it was launched in June 05 and has been the main focus of website giants like The Inquirer, Slashdot (/.), Macworld and various print news around the globe to just name a few, I decided to see what the fuss was about. I just can't imagine building and maintaining all that code on ones own, although it is possible, I find it unlikely.

Appearantly, there was some links posted on the forums at OSx86Project linking to some questionable hacks that would allow the OS to run on non-proprietary systems not designed by Apple. In otherwords, the OS is not allowed to run on any other chip then what has been designed by Apple (G4, G5 etc...) The site was ordered to be shut down and is back on it feet, after removing a few links in the forums, again after some discussions with all the parties involved as the OSx86 site clarifies. Sorry, I'm getting a little off topic, but thats the background at any rate.

So my question is this.

What CMS (if any) is the OSx86Project.org using?

I'm asking because the site layout and it's content is so incredibly clean and easy on the eyes! Kuduo's to the site for everything it has achieved, up to and including the massive publicity it has gotten over the recent times.
XOOPS Community Support

banned
Re: OSx86Project - CMS, or in-house coding?
  • 2006/2/21 0:10

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

Mambo

cmacone
  • 2006/3/15 4:46

• cmacone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/25

I agree with you... the layout is clean and easy on the eyes... I think part of the inspiration comes from the osX layout, and if you are going to create a website to represent osX, you should create consistent with the interface.
Web Pros Global - We dont just buid Websites... We Create Success Stories -
My Host Global - Affordable domain name,web hosting or ecommerce -

davidl2
  • 2006/3/15 9:25

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It reminds me of a variation of Kubrik - I'm sure we could do a similar theme ...

cmacone
  • 2006/3/16 12:12

• cmacone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/25

yeah... a theme like that is easy to do... in fact you can do a series.
Web Pros Global - We dont just buid Websites... We Create Success Stories -
My Host Global - Affordable domain name,web hosting or ecommerce -

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits