djvpx
Theme: Need your help to have different themes per page/section category/newscategory/module
  • 2006/2/16 14:27

• djvpx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/16

Dear,
I've made a website wich was elected best french site of the month 12/2005... but it is not a XOOPS site

If I want to update it in a XOOPS format, I must keep the multiple themes in my website. I would like to be able to select a different theme for:
_each section (sub)category
_each news (sub)category
_each module (I know there is a existing module to enable this last request)

Noone seems to be able to help me on www.frxoops.org (only some small tips...), I hope anyone will hear my request:
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Thanks a lot

davidl2
Re: Theme: Need your help to have different themes per page/section category/newscategory/module
  • 2006/2/16 14:33

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This should be possible, but may require hacking of the modules used.

Essentially, you will need some sort of condition in the module along the lines of "if article = xxxx then set value to yyy" - and use the "yyy" value in the theme.

(I don't know if this would work as i'm certainly not a programmer - but it may prompt better suggestions from cleverer people )

djvpx
Re: Theme: Need your help to have different themes per page/section category/newscategory/module
  • 2006/2/16 14:35

• djvpx

• Just popping in

:) Thanks a lot.. I'm not used to program themes and that's why I ask for some help...

davidl2
  • 2006/2/16 14:36

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

This is a thought... but after seeing your site quickly - I would guess that a XOOPS version would certainly need multimenu.... perhaps a hack on this could pass a value to the theme to control the images and css used?

djvpx
  • 2006/2/16 14:39

• djvpx

• Just popping in

For sure, I will have to use multimenu! It could be a good idea to have it sending a parameter...

studioC
  • 2006/2/16 14:59

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

xoops is a dynamic system and html output is parsed by a templategine. If you are able to set a var for your requests it would be possible without too many hacks.

when your theme is a general theme for main cats and you want to switch images, colours on some pages, use different stylesheets for different modules or pages

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="<{$xoops_imageurl}><{pagevars}>theme.css" />

A possible pagevar might be the title of the actual page but that would be too long, ..., use <{$xoops_pagetitle|truncate:5:""}>

If your page isn't that css friend use <{$xoops_pagetitle|truncate:5:""}> to catch pages and create querys to display the wanted html

<{if $xoops_pagetitle|truncate:5:"ddddd"}> here the html ....

when you can identify a page you can act when it is displayed

but you should read into the topic though. With XOOPS everything is possible, frontieres are only in our heads.

happy xoopsing

davidl2
  • 2006/2/16 15:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Some very interesting ideas that I may use myself

djvpx
  • 2006/2/16 15:23

• djvpx

• Just popping in

I'm sorry but I really don't understand a lot about working with sylesheet... would you mind giving me an example? (Sorry and thanks a lot)...

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits