e-u-l-o-g-y
Block specific theme?

Hi!
I was wondering if there's a way to set the theme/look based on which block the page is displaying. If you take a look at the following page, you'll see what I mean on the left side:

http://www.gamedev.net/

I would like to do this without hardcoding the layout in a template. Any suggestions?

Stewdio
Re: Block specific theme?
  • 2006/2/15 4:56

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Try this litle bit of help over on www.xoops-tips.com.

http://xoops-tips.com/news-article.storyid-89.htm

Good Luck
XOOPS Community Support

e-u-l-o-g-y

I've already seen that, and it doesn't seem to do what I want. The problem with that method is that it selects the theme in the theme.html file, but that means that it will be the same for all the blocks. I would like the theme to change depending on the content of each block, and preferrably without hardcoding that in the theme. For instance by attaching some sort of a tag with each template.

Stewdio
  • 2006/2/15 5:23

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Then what I suggest, is following that article in part, but also creating new CSS styles for simple color changes, or what have you, depending on what module is loaded. I think I may have seen other how-to's on how to achieve this, but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw them.

There ae a great amount of theme editors here that may be able to help you out or at the very least, be able to point you into the right direction.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
XOOPS Community Support

e-u-l-o-g-y

Thanks for the help!
I ended up with adding the center left column underneath the left column and giving it a different look, since I wasn't using it anyway...

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits