Quest
How do I know which modules...
  • 2006/2/13 13:17

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I am using XOOPS v2.2.4. I am ready to add a few more modules to my site and was wondering if anyone could tell me... How exactly do I know which module will work with v2.2.4. I know that some say it specifically but a laaarge majority of modules don't say, or they have 2.X.X etc. etc. Additionally, after browsing modules and spending much time doing this I download the one(s) I would like to use and there are NO instructions anywhere, in any of the folders. Sometimes when you do find a readme file etc it may provide some vague install instructs, or it may be only a list of changes and no operating instructions whatsoever for the module.
Don't get me wrong! I am not meaning to complain. Only trying to explain my frustrations. Am I missing something? Is it always, will it always be so trial and error?
So. Maybe if I could at least know or someone could give me an accurate clue of how to know which modules actually coinside (work) with the version I am using it would save time. Then I will deal with the operating instructions via other ways provided on this great site.

Thanks
Quest

msdana
Re: How do I know which modules...
  • 2006/2/13 13:37

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

It can be frustrating to download a module and install it, only to have it not work.

This is what I do, when I find a module I like, I first check the description to see if there's any reference to 2.2.x, sometimes yes, sometimes no. I then continue to the comments to see what other's have written. Finally, I go to the developer's website (if there's a link) and see if there is additional information there.

It does take some work, but at least I'm not downloading, installing and then un-installing.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits