leebrendalee
can someone help with payment options

Hello again...

Ok..this site is kinda of unusual. I need to have some options and opinions on what is the best solution. This is hard to explain but I'll try.

1. I would like anyone who comes to the site to view "free" information without loggin in.

2. So what if someone wants to pay for more..they click on Pay or whatever right.,..they pay.........goes through paypal etc..

3. From paypal they can be RETURNED to an html page or whatever page to create a username and password...and be logged into the site and get what they paid for.

Can someone please tell me how to do this. I can't figure out groups...and registration process stuff and I've been playing around with it so much that I've got overkill on the brain here..

thank you!!
oh the site:http://www.wps2win.com thanks for helping..

gtop00
Re: can someone help with payment options
  • 2006/2/10 7:16

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Have you check "Subscription" module by "thirdeye"?
Does it work for you?

McNaz
  • 2006/2/10 8:27

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Have a look at xAsset

thirdeye
  • 2006/2/10 19:44

• thirdeye

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/31

The Subscription Module for XOOPS does exactly that!

Check it out...

http://products.thirdeyesoftware.com/modules/content/index.php?id=2

Step 1)
Create user groups that you'll use to securely separate users. This is done in the System Admin panel under Groups

Step 2)
Create your subscriptions using the subscription module

Step 3)
Assign you content to specific groups. This can be done with the content module with the groups hack or by other means.

Step 4) sell sell sell!

--thirdeye

leebrendalee

ok..subscription is a really nice problem..I already tried it a few days ago....it's fab..but I Think..i could be wrong that it's too much for my site..my site is simple...I just want people to click on the pay now or whatever..doesn't matter..it goes right to paypal......they are NOT registered at this point...they don't even have to sign in....It's when they have paid..THAN I WANT THEM TO BE RETURNED TO SOME KIND OF LOG ON/REGISTER SCREEN.............

DOES THIS subscription thing do this? dont' think so..i had a friend try the program and it couldn't do it...
I had put in say 19.95 as the price for example..and when it went to paypal..it showed 1.00...now I couldn't believe it..the next day it happened to me also...it showed 19.95 than sure enough..it showed 1.00 on the paypal page..wierd eh?" so I thought..maybe subscription wasn't for me or I LIKELY I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG......the price thing is'nt my major problem.I'm sure that's simple..it's where the user goes after they've paid that i can't seem to get past..i need it to go to a register page...??? does this do that.??????????????? that's why i I thought..maybe just a link and than what?? again where's the register page....i dont' get it,.,.

msdana
  • 2006/2/11 4:10

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Hi there,

I do something similar and this may help you. I went to Paypal and followed the steps to get the code for a Buy Now button. During the process, there is an option for you to input a URL where you want your customers to be directed to once they complete the payment process. You can designate the Register page.

Hope this helps!

Dana
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

leebrendalee

Hello,

YeSSSSSSSSS ..that's exactly what I found also..but I guess my question should be more simple. Wheres the register page? I guess I'm looking for XOOPS help eh???

msdana
  • 2006/2/11 4:29

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

The register page is usually here:

http://yoursite.com/modules/profile/register.php

Unless you have XOOPS installed in a different directory, this should be the correct URL.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]

leebrendalee

ok I'll mess around with it now and see if it works..It's hard because I don't want anyone to be able to register unless they pay............

I just typed in:

http://wps2win.com/modules/profile/register.php

and it's blank............so I went and looked in the module directory and there's nothing about profiles .....wierd eh..see why i'm struggling..

msdana
  • 2006/2/11 4:45

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Just a suggestion, make sure the pages you don't want anonymous users to view are only accessible to registered users and webmasters. And keep the register link "hidden". Use the Buy Now buttons (or whatever) as the gateway to registration.

There may be a more appropriate solution, but this should work fairly easy.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits