genkied
xoops question
  • 2006/2/8 20:51

• genkied

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/7 1

hi to all,
i want to put up a portal site and i think php will be the best script i will use.actually iam a ASP guy trying to shift to php. so this is my question is XOOPS capable what skyportal has? actually i like the features of skyportal.com have but i think i should use php due to ASP glory days is over...does anyone here can help me what modules should i download to get what skyportal features have here in XOOPS tnx!

wcrwcr
Re: xoops question
  • 2006/2/8 23:16

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi genkied

I guess the answer is yes

Extracted from skyportal site:

Quote:
SkyPortal is a modular web portal and online community system as well as a CMS which includes advanced features such as web-based administration, user selectable themes, user control panel, Advanced Private Messaging System, Banner Manager, HTML Editor and more.

Adding in additional modules is as easy as unzipping the module download contents into your site root and uploading the contents to your webserver and running the install file for that module. Our modules include Article Manager, Photo Galleries, Download Manager, Classified Ads System, Web Links Manager and more are being developed all the time.

A full YES

All those features you can find on XOOPS, give It a try.

genkied
  • 2006/2/9 15:31

• genkied

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/7 1

ic...so can you or anyone here can give me info which modules should i download, to get what skyportal have..

tnx

stuie200
  • 2006/2/9 16:05

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

was this question not asked and also answered the other day on this thread

Quote:
Quote from Davidl2:- From a quick look - I don't think theres anything here that XOOPS cannot do. Skynet seems to include a number of modules as default. So if you download XOOPS 2.0.13.2, CBB, a good gallery and a good content module - you will have most of what you need
"I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar."

davidl2
  • 2006/2/9 16:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It was thanks Have locked the original thread now

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits