Scorpiuscat1
Major Problem, Looking for Help

My site has been running just fine for several months now, today when I get home from work, I type the website URL into my browser and instead of my front page I get the log in screen.

Ok, so I log in and it says "Sorry, you do not have permission to view this"

I try several times, same thing.

I have some of the other peeps who are registered at my site and they get the same thing.

Here is my site: http://www.jonja.net

I really need help here as I have no idea what happened.

Edit:

XOOPS Version:I dont know
Module Name/Version:I dont know
PHP Version: 4.4.1
MySQL Version:4.1.14-standard
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): 1.3.34 (Unix)
Operating System:Linux
Theme you are using:Custom
Custom template: (Yes/No)Yes
PHP Debug Messages:??
MySQL Debug Messages:??
Smarty Debug Messages:??
A full description of the issue: See above

m0nty
Re: Major Problem, Looking for Help
  • 2006/2/8 3:24

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

*EDIT* seems you are using XOOPS 2.2.x

you could try recovery.php

http://www.jonja.net/cms/recovery.php

are you sure nothing has been changed though? like an upgrade gone wrong? the extended profiles module doesn't exist, and neither does the pm module. and i'm not sure but some warnings given may indicate some files are missing..

Scorpiuscat1

No, I didnt change anything

All was well when I left work and by the time I got home, it was all jacked up.

I treid that recovery file and it did not do anythign for me, but thanks for the idea.

Still looking for ideas

jdseymour

Try this in phpmyadmin. Connect to your database, empty the session table it will be prefix_sessions. Go back and repair the session table, then try to log in again.

When was PHP debug turned on? And it also seems that some files may be corrupted. Was there anything done during your last successful login?

Scorpiuscat1

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Try this in phpmyadmin. Connect to your database, empty the session table it will be prefix_sessions. Go back and repair the session table, then try to log in again.

When was PHP debug turned on? And it also seems that some files may be corrupted. Was there anything done during your last successful login?

There is no "prefix_session" listed in my data base.

PHP debug? I have no clue

I last logged in earler today and posted a new news event and activated a banner. That was it.

m0nty
  • 2006/2/8 4:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

download XOOPS 2.2.3 if you haven't still got a copy..

unzip it, and remove the install folder and mainfile.php, then copy the contents of the html folder to your XOOPS folder on your server, overwriting existing files..

just make sure you don't overwrite mainfile.php, and make sure the install folder isnt present..

then clear templates_c and the cache folder..

once done, try logging in.. if that fails, try the recovery file again.. or xoopsupdate.php.. hopefully then you should be able to login and get to admin..

Scorpiuscat1

Amazingly, my host admitted that it was all thier fault and they got everyting fixed for me.

So I am good now, but thanks to everyone that replyed.

ukandrewf
  • 2006/7/24 0:39

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

I have a similar problem with my site http://www.powertoolsforum.com everything worked perfectly but now i can't login.

Now when i try to login I see thanks for loging in... but then it returns me to the site not logged in. Tried going to site/admin.php but that doesn't work.

I'm using 2.0.14

The only thing I did was edit wf-sections articles.php and then when the change to page title failed i restored the copy version I'd made of the file.

any ideas?

thanks

Andrew

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits