javadiva
Moving xoops site to another directory
  • 2006/2/4 1:29

• javadiva

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/2 9

Hello,

I designed an XOOPS site in a sub directory because I didn't want to have my main site down while I was designing a new one. Now I would like to move my XOOPS site into my main public_html directory. How can I do this? Will I have to reinstall XOOPS on my directory or will it resolve to my server by just copying everything from the subdirectory to the main?

smdcom
Re: Moving xoops site to another directory

Just copy everything from your subdirectory to the public_html. Edit mainfile.php and change the virtual & physical path. That's it.

Hope it helps.

-SMD-

javadiva
  • 2006/2/4 6:35

• javadiva

• Just popping in

Thank you so much! Worked perfectly!

smdcom

Quote:

javadiva wrote:
Thank you so much! Worked perfectly!

You're welcome. Good to hear that.

carnuke
  • 2006/2/4 9:10

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

One further thing you need to check:

The database may have references to your old URL pointing to the original sub-directory.

You need to open the database and do a 'search and replace' for:

http://example.com/subdir/ and replace this for
http://example.com/

Check what the url is and follow the pattern here.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

javadiva
  • 2006/2/8 21:10

• javadiva

• Just popping in

Got another question. AS you know I moved all the XOOPS files from the separate XOOPS directory into my public_html directory. Everything is working great. But...

I tried to install a module in the public_html/module/... directory. I received an error message that it couldn't find the mySQL file. I just thought about it. The mySQL data base I created has all xoops_ prefixes from when I installed it the first time in a separate directory. I wanted to delete the XOOPS directory completely to free up some space on my server, but then I realized that mySQL data base is reading from the XOOPS directory.

How can resolve this? I want to create a mySQL data base to work with the current XOOPS installation in my public_html file. My server host will only let me have one mySQL data base so how can I delete the one associated with my old xooops directory and create another one that reads the XOOPS files from my public_html directory?

javadiva
  • 2006/2/8 21:12

• javadiva

• Just popping in

ah thanks that just answered my question that I just posted!

javadiva
  • 2006/2/8 21:13

• javadiva

• Just popping in

Where do I check the database files in mySQL or adminPHP or in the control panel on my server?

dizzymarkus

On your server -- goto sql databases then phpmyadmin--- select database and use the browse tab to view files.
Hope this helps some

Markus

javadiva
  • 2006/2/9 23:52

• javadiva

• Just popping in

Ending up deleting mySQL data base and starting over. With two instances of XOOPS on my server I didn't know what was reading what. So I just started over with a clean install. Next time I'll know how to append the data base. Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits