AADMavRic
XRoster 2.2.3a or b
  • 2006/2/2 8:32

• AADMavRic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/30

This is more of a complaint then anything else. I contacted the owner of this module, Arowana, Churchill or Boon, which ever this guy goes by about giving him a donation for the use of his module. He wrote back to me telling me the only way he could send me the file is if I were to donate $100 to him. This man is dusgusting!!!! He had a module "XRoster 2.0 that he wanted donations for and everyone called him greedy for that one.Xoops is about open source, I understand that some things cost money, thats why I offered a donation for his file. But $100???? What would happen if everyone that made a module or theme for XOOPS charged money like that. In my humble opinion, I think Arowana, Churchill or Boon, what ever he calls himself should be baned from Xoops. This is just outragous and a insult to everyone who has put time and effort into this great thing they call Xoops. If anyone out there has a working version of XRoster 2.2.3b email the zip file to downunderclan@hotmail.com and I will gladly give a donation to you.

hyperpod
Re: XRoster 2.2.3a or b
  • 2006/4/26 7:43

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

Yeah, i agree with you 100%.

My dealing with this guy were nothing but trouble.

I am the guy who wrote XRoster 1.0 ... I even named the module. He told me it was just for his site and then paid me a tiny amount to write the code. I happily spent the time for him to do it and mentioned a name for the module.

He then promptly tried to reverse the paypal money after i sent him the code. I was still paid a little for my time but it was pure pain dealing with this moron.

He then went and released the module behind my back before all the bugs were even fixed. then blamed me for the bugs, but didnt want to pay for development time.

Arowana also signed up as other usernames to try and bash my credibility as if several users had a problem with me.
He was caught red handed by the XOOPS admins. what a joke this guy is.

And since then, as you mentioned, he is trying to force donations from people just to get the module code.

I would warn anyone to stay as far away from this punk as possible.

Meanwhile, I have already rewritten a similar module called Profiles where clan site users can post their profile on a XOOPS site. it needs some more time spent, but im proud to say that it will be released for free. pure open source.

I might even make a special version of it called X-Roster 3.0

I think its funny that this subject came up again.

_Dan
Daniel Hall / XOOPS Module Development & Theme Design
Free XOOPS Support > My Wish List

Will_H
  • 2006/4/26 7:50

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

LMAo that explains why he wouldn't support anyone who had problems with the module...

BTW I think I have it if you still want it, but the coolest part of it... The application, doesnt work. Never took the time to fix that......

Personally I would wait for hyperpods new release. Which I will add that I would be glad to test

hyperpod
  • 2006/4/26 8:24

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

Hey that sounds good Biteronboard

encouraging :)

I will make the module available to you for testing.

I have an online demo now at www.hyperpod.net

http://www.hyperpod.net/modules/profiles/

I need to add thumbnails in the profile index and some other things... but im really trying hard to keep it simple and generic so that it can be used for business and hobby

aka (intranets and clan sites)

Thanks for offering to test it!

Cheers,

RealyRoten
Re: Roster 2.2.3a or b
  • 2006/5/22 14:32

• RealyRoten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/18

Excellent news that there is some development going on , I'm really in need of a decent roster module.
Ty
change my email address please to pattang2008@hotmail.com so i can get update notifications...

RealyRoten
  • 2006/5/30 8:30

• RealyRoten

• Just popping in

Tired this out and the layout is not really suitable or as any point over the default profiles that ships with Xoops.

I need a page layout were it displays all my team members in columns for different teams and there position in the team.
It needs to all display on the same page instead of linking down to there individual profiles.

Preferably linked to groups so when I place a member in a group it places them in the table displaying the team there in.
change my email address please to pattang2008@hotmail.com so i can get update notifications...

hyperpod
  • 2006/5/30 8:39

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

If you can provide a sample layout, then I can work this into the next version of Profiles.

As it is, you can create categories and then list each member underneath that category. Essentially, categtories are groups.

I do see however that you would like that page laid out in a certain way to fit your needs.

Your input on this is very valuable... If you can create a mockup in HTML of what the page should look like, then I can make it happen with the profiles module.

Thanks,

RealyRoten
  • 2006/6/6 14:00

• RealyRoten

• Just popping in

sorry only just seen this reply.
Something like this is whats I'm after.
www.ukgf.co.uk/modules/roster/
Instead of there Avatar showing next to there name i need there user rank showing.
Also i would like this to run of the user groups i have in place for the different team they are in and when there name is clicked it take you to there different XOOPS Profiles which as plenty of options in there all ready and customized to suit and extra.
I see no need for a separate profiles as this would have to be filled in manually each time for every new player.
This way it would be automatic.

Klomp
  • 2006/8/11 10:14

• Klomp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/11

I tried the module xroster. I like that one to display the groups with their members. Fact is that there is one page with all groups and members. Do you think it is possible to list each group with their members on a different page?

Anonymous
  • 2008/1/16 10:18

• Anonymous

• Since:

any download link for xroster 2.2.3b ?

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits