aixenv
xoops question about websites
  • 2006/2/1 10:06

• aixenv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/27

so here's my question, i have a server running mydomain1.com using XOOPS 2.0.13.2 and have been having some module issues with newbb, and it must be related to something with my webhosting server configuration, however this is a production server so i cant "change" anything.

So i've created a new server, with newer mysql, php, and still XOOPS 2.0.13.2 and am using a test domain of mydomain2.com to test if the forums dont give me any of the same errors. if i determine im not receiving the same errors, how hard would it be and what would be required to make mydomain2.com to mydomain1.com, obviously DNS entries and some VirtualHost directives in apache that part i understand.

but im wondering just how hard it would be to make the domain2 version/configuration of XOOPS work with the new domain1 name. i noticed during the initial install it asks what your FQDN is, obviously it would be different so i assume i need to at the very least change this parameter somewhere thank you.

aix

aixenv
Re: xoops question about websites
  • 2006/2/1 11:51

• aixenv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/27

i just did a find for references of "mydomain1" and found it in mainfile.php under XOOPS_URL, i am assuming i'd just need to change the definition for that, is that the only place and is that correct?

mawi27
Re: xoops question about websites
  • 2006/2/1 22:32

• mawi27

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/1/1 1

You're correct.
After changing mainfile.php you have to update system module in the module administration.

Marco
--
Match Dart!
Darts Ranking, News, Videos, Forum and more

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits