Firefox
Can't Add Moderators
  • 2006/1/25 5:30

• Firefox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/21

Ok, I'm going absolutely insane here. I'm running XOOPS 2.2.3 and CBB 2.2. I've TRIED upgrading to 2.3 but I upload the files and go to module admin and click upgrade. It seems to do nothing.

The bigger issue is that I simply cannot add moderators. I go to a forum, choose who I want, click add, they go into my list. Then I click submit and they call go away leaving me with only Anonymous as my admin. Please can someone help me?

JMorris
Re: Can't Add Moderators
  • 2006/1/25 5:40

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

The following is quoted from the 2.3 release notes page athttp://devteam.xoops.org/releases/xoops-2.3.0a1.html

Quote:
In this release the XOOPS kernel is configured to run in development mode by default.
This mode is intended to be used by developers or designers in safe environments and should never be used on a public server (indications are provided below to switch the system back to production mode).

In other words, this is not a supported version of XOOPS. It is for developers to test only. Please do not use this version of XOOPS as there is no support for it.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Firefox
  • 2006/1/25 5:43

• Firefox

• Just popping in

*sigh* I didn't try upgrading to the 2.3 version of Xoops. I tried upgrading to the 2.3 version of CBB. My issues are all with CBB

JMorris
  • 2006/1/25 5:48

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

WHOOPS!

Sorry about that Firefox. I misunderstood.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Firefox
  • 2006/1/25 5:49

• Firefox

• Just popping in

It's ok, I'm just really going nuts over this thing. No ideas?

JMorris
  • 2006/1/25 6:01

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Unfortunately no. I don't use any forum modules on my sites. Sorry.

If your post gets bumped off the front page, bump it back up. There are some people from the CBB team that frequent during the day.

Good luck.

James

Firefox
  • 2006/1/25 6:55

• Firefox

• Just popping in

Thanks.

Well, seems I resolved it by deleting the contents of my newBB module and uploading 2.32 fresh. Fixed everything. Though that was really not the way I wanted to spend the evening ;)

Onto the next plethora of problems I've managed to accumalate...

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits