ghettonet
Huge thanks, and a couple questions
  • 2006/1/25 4:27

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

First of all, thank you SO MUCH XOOPS developers. Web development has been like reinventing the wheel every time you did something. This is great, it works great. This summer (im in school and extremly busy and stuff right now) I WILL make some contributions to this communtity. I am running 2 XOOPS based sites, one you should check out if you're a Windows user (http://ghettonet.no-ip.org/~updater). I have 2 quick questions:

1) I am using mod_gzip on apache, however it doesnt seem to work with XOOPS at all. It will work on scripts within the same directory as xoops, but not on the XOOPS scripts itself. Any ideas?

2) I am using formex, and the smilies dont show up. The text for the link shows up (as in the actual tag). The smilies are there and can be viewed if you go to them in a browser. It seems to me that the forum module is adding something to the end, all though it isn't visible.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and i should have something good this summer for you guys.

MadFish
Re: Huge thanks, and a couple questions
  • 2006/1/25 4:45

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Last I heard, the gzip compression feature of XOOPS didn't work. It's one of the (few) longstanding bugs.

ghettonet
  • 2006/1/25 4:47

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

(sorry if I wasn't clear) not the XOOPS compression, im talking about the compression module for apache itself; mod_gzip. I have it configured to run globally, and it works with everything but the XOOPS pages.

ghettonet
  • 2006/1/26 1:32

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

Ok so I fixed the mod_gzip problem. Turns out you need to enable it in the php.ini file (if anyone needs help with it let me know, i know it pretty well now hehe.) I still can't figure out what is wrong with those smilies in the forums. Any ideas?

Login

Who's Online

433 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 433

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits