keshavarz
Blocks in wfdownloads doesn't work good
  • 2006/1/23 15:11

• keshavarz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 1

Recently I updated my wfdownloads 2.05b to wfdownloads 3RC1. Now the New Downloads block doesn't work good. It only shows the date and doesn't show the title of the files also when I add a file the block doesn't show it.
I don't have this problems in Localhost. I don't know why the blocks doesn't work in Server. The templates are correct. I use:

XOOPS Version: 2.2.3
Module Name/Version: wfdownload 3 RC 01
PHP Version: 4.4.2
MySQL Version: 4.1.14-standard
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache 1.3.34 (Unix)
Operating System: Unix
Custom template: (Yes/No) No

davidl2
Re: Blocks in wfdownloads doesnt work good
  • 2006/1/23 15:35

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Please can you report this in the SmartDownload Bug Tracker??

Thanks

keshavarz
  • 2006/1/23 16:05

• keshavarz

• Just popping in

OK. I reported. In this block Template When I change the $download.title to $download.id the block shows the ID of the files but it still doesn't show the new files that I added recently.

m0nty
  • 2006/1/23 16:48

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i can't seem to replicate this.

just out of curiosity, could you goto admin and then goto blocks and then edit the block and change the title length? or check the value of it. just hit submit.. and make sure cache is disabled..

keshavarz
  • 2006/1/23 17:23

• keshavarz

• Just popping in

I checked it. I changed it before to display 50 character of the title. As I told before, it work's fine in Localhost.

m0nty
  • 2006/1/23 17:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

is there any errors given with php debug on, MySQL debug and smarty debug?

keshavarz
  • 2006/1/23 17:43

• keshavarz

• Just popping in

The MySQL hasn'r error. When I turn smarty debug ON and saw it, the varibale TITLE of the file is Empty. When I turn PHP debug ON a lot of notice appeare like these:

Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/profile.php line 94
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 215
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 169
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 111
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 151
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 154
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159

m0nty
  • 2006/1/23 17:50

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

ok those notices are ok to ignore.. just turn debug off.

i'm going on a hunch here, but have you updated to 2.2.4 yet?

i'm asking this as the top downloads block uses the XOOPS function 'xoops_substr' which i believe has had a bugfix made to it in the latest update.. this maybe the cause, but again it's just a hunch.. something to do with trimmarker.

you could also try opening modules/wfdownloads/blocks/wfdownloads_top.php

and find on line 45 :

$download['title'] =  xoops_substr($download['title'], 0, ($options[2] -1));

and replace with

$download['title'] = substr($download['title'], 0, ($options[2] -1));

but try the update 1st.. i'd say it has something to do with this, but it's just a hunch..

keshavarz
  • 2006/1/23 18:02

• keshavarz

• Just popping in

Thank you very much. I changed the line 45 as you told. The block works now but it doesn't show the last file that I added yesterday. I have not updated to 2.2.4 yet.

m0nty
  • 2006/1/23 18:04

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

k.. i think it should work properly once you update to 2.2.4 then.. once you update, just change that line back to xoops_substr..

Login

Who's Online

67 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 67

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits