shalommemphi
WYSIWYG Editor Installation Steps

First I have XOOPS 2.0.10 and I want a better editor than the standard one for my News secton and NEWBB2 section. Itn each of these modules they offer a drop down box for selecting a editor.
SPAW
KOIVI
FCK
I think I prefer to use the FCKEditor for making uploading pictures easier, but ONE..I do not see a version for my XOOPS only for 2.2 version of XOOPS

And..I just need a simple explanation of how they work, will the drop down box selection of the editors mean I do not have to edit any files?

A simple step by step for dummies...would really be a helpful addition to make it easier to understand.
Helping each other with Knowledge

guardian2k1
Re: WYSIWYG Editor Installation Steps

Unforutunately fckeditor is only available for XOOPS 2.2.3. I would recommend using koivi.

You shouldn't need to edit any files for the modules that support koivi.
"Linux is extremely user-friendly. It also happens to be extremely selective when picking its friends."

http://www.nuxified.com |http://debcentral.org

shalommemphi

Okay, now why is it so hard to find the download of it?
Koivi Wysiwyg Editor <-- searched it and no luck

romdg
  • 2006/1/21 14:07

• romdg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 1

Found this link for KOIVI. I am in the sam e boat, need an editor for 2.0xxx XOOPs, about to try it out and saw you were looking for the link:

KOIVI

Cheers,
Gregg

shalommemphi

thanks, good luck with it, I will download and give it a try too!!

aprox
  • 2006/1/26 17:52

• aprox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/15

Hey guys.

I had a bit of the same problem, and also decived to try the Wysiwyg solution. However, it's not exactly easy to "guess" how to install it (Yeah, I am quite new to XOOPS still).

I did install the Wysiwyg as explained in the readme.txt that follows (in class folder etc.), but it took a while to figure out how to change the system_imagemanager.html file. I was looking at the template manager, but couldn't find anything but view or download as options and no files other than those in template_c folder (which I didn't want to mess with), but then I changed in the URL field of my browser (in template manager), from view to edit, and then I suddenly could edit the templates. It might be explained somewhere how this is really done in a general way, but I haven't really seen it anywhere. So, a step to explain that in the installation procedure for the Wysiwyg is a recommendation from me

However, I still can't get it too work properly, so I guess it's something I have either done wrong or not really grasped.
The next step of the readme file tells me to look at desciption in docs folder, which I do.... but it doesn't really tell me much. It says something about how to include this editor in a xoopsform on a general basis. Ok, so I am not an expert on XOOPS yet, so this probably should have told me something. I find a lot of xoopsforms under a folder, should I change the ones that I want to use this editor? Could I please ask someone to tell me how to install the wysiwyg properly, step by step? It would be really appreciated

I am using vs 2.0.13.2 of XOOPS at the moment I think. And downloaded the latest (stable) wysiwyg I could find.
(Sorry, writing on a different maschine than where it is installed).

Help much appriciated.
Cheers

Aprox

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits