MatthewHSE
"Sections" Module: How to make it available from the front end?
  • 2006/1/19 17:33

• MatthewHSE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/19

I'm no beginner to the web or CMS's in general, but this morning is my first experience with Xoops, and I'm finding it a little difficult to get used to. I have a feeling there's some key concept I'm missing here, but I've searched and can't find a solution to the problem I'm having.

Currently, I intend to use XOOPS only for a CMS. All I need to do is add articles and categorize them. I've figured out that the "Sections" module is what I need - I've installed it, added a section, and added an article with no problem whatsoever.

But I can't figure out how to get access to the "sections" or the articles from the front end of the site! I've tried turning on debugging (no notices or errors), and I snooped all through the "Blocks" and "Modules" admin options to no avail. My XOOPS front page has the header, login box, Main Menu and Home links, and the footer. That's all, and I can't figure out how to get Sections (or anything else) to be available there.

I've checked the FAQ's about blank pages, but they mostly seem to recommend activating debugging. And like I said, I tried that and didn't get any notices or errors.

My goal is to have the XOOPS index.php page simply show a list of my category (section) names, which can be clicked to view a listing of articles within the section. That's such standard CMS behavior that I can't imagine XOOPS doesn't have that ability, but I can't figure out how to achieve that objective.

I'm running XOOPS 2.0.13 on PHP 4.3.11 and MySQL 4.0.25, with Apache 1.3.34 on Linux.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

bluenova
Re: "Sections" Module: How to make it available from the front end?

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to xoops!

You should set the sections module to default from the main system preferances so that the sections module will appear on your index page. Personally I would get rid of Sections and give smartsection a try, as it is in development at the moment, where as sections hasn't been developed for a long time.

DamianStar
Re: "Sections" Module: How to make it available from the front end?
  • 2006/1/19 19:43

• DamianStar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/19

I am experiencing a similar problem, why can't any modules be visible from the XOOPS front end? why would a person want to register if they don't know what my site is about?!

I can't seem to find any setting or suitable module that will allow me to display blocks/modules/whateveryawannacallem without logging in.

Please please help!

My apologies.. just found what I need :)

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits