bluenova
Clean up of xoops.org forums

I was thinking that the forums on xoops.org could really do with a make over, what do you think?

For starters I think it would be good to have separate forums for 2.0.x and 2.2.x under the 'XOOPS Community Support forums' category. Is it really necessary to have 'Beginner's Corner' , 'XOOPS general usage questions' and 'Q and A'? Perhaps these could be merged into 2 forums:

Xoops core support 2.0.X
Xoops Core support 2.2.X

I think a lot of the time a topic could fit into any of the existing core forums, and it's kinda pointless having 3, as there is no difference between XGUQ and Q&A plus a beginner can be seen by the number of posts the user has made and the date they registered. But it would be very useful to distinguish between 2.0.X and 2.2.X when it comes to providing a solution, especially as a lot of people still don't say what they are running when asking for support.

JMorris
Re: Clean up of xoops.org forums
  • 2006/1/18 14:10

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

From what I understand from Herko and Mithradir, cleaning up the forums is part of the XOOPS.org website reorganization process. I believe there is already an outline in place to streamline the forums, but I don't have it handy, so I cannot say for sure. I know Mith already did some work on this at the dev.x.o site.

Of course, it never hurts to discuss it and generate new ideas.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

bluenova
Re: Clean up of xoops.org forums

Yea it was dev.xoops.org that got me thinking cause things are looking much better over there.

++I forgot about the XOOPS redesign forum, so I moved this over here++

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits