MaFIa
need help with Anonymous Users
  • 2006/1/13 14:14

• MaFIa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/28

Hi there

If i will under main menu have a module the Anonymous Users can see but when the Anonymous Users puss it they need to be Registered to go in the module.

Hope anybodu know woth i meen

MaFIa

Herko
Re: need help with Anonymous Users
  • 2006/1/13 14:16

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

go to system admin -> groups, click edit on the anonymous users group, and check the 'module access rights' checkbox at the module you want to give access to.

Herko

MaFIa
  • 2006/1/13 15:26

• MaFIa

• Just popping in

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
go to system admin -> groups, click edit on the anonymous users group, and check the 'module access rights' checkbox at the module you want to give access to.

Herko

I know byt if i doo that the anonymus cant se the module ore menu.

lets say you on the XOOPS hp take under community the meny XOOPS news i can see it but if i puss the menu XOOPS news and iam not lock in ore not Registered i will be redirect to the Registered site.

Hope you know the point of this

MaFIa

PrezKennedy

I think what you'll need to do is manually create a menu that only anonymous users can see with links to the modules you want them to get to, but can't access without logging in.

When they use the link, they'll be redirected to the page saying they don't have permission to view the page, and then they'll be redirected again to the login/register page.

Does that help?

MaFIa
  • 2006/1/14 12:09

• MaFIa

• Just popping in

Quote:

PrezKennedy wrote:
I think what you'll need to do is manually create a menu that only anonymous users can see with links to the modules you want them to get to, but can't access without logging in.

When they use the link, they'll be redirected to the page saying they don't have permission to view the page, and then they'll be redirected again to the login/register page.

Does that help?

How can i make that is there a module i can use?

MaFIa

davidl2
  • 2006/1/14 12:23

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Yes - MultiMenu will allow you to create several different blocks as menus, and you can assign permissions to them so only certain groups can see them.

A similar technique is done on this site to split up content into different menus - although all people can see the menus.

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits