zzzzsg
html table width not working in Xoops
  • 2006/1/12 23:37

• zzzzsg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/22

Hi Everybody

I am using XOOPS 2.2.3, and am trying to incorporate my own html pages into XOOPS by including the mainfile.php, header.php and footer.php files in my scripts. It works and my html pages appear in the front page of xoops.

But the html table width tag is not working. All tables no matter what it size is stretch to fill the entire page. And if I have 6 columns in the table, the XOOPS page gets stretched beyond the screen - see attached image - the page is stretched when I display my html page with the 6 column table (actually, once a table in the page has more than 4 columns, the page gets stretched).

Resized Image

Before displaying my page, the screen was okay:

guiResized Image

I have confirmed that the mainfile.php causes this 'problem'. Obviously, some style sheet or settings have disabled the html table width tag or set some over-riding common settings for table width.

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Clever
Re: html table width not working in Xoops
  • 2006/1/12 23:45

• Clever

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/24

Have you tried the HTML wrapper modules? That might help constrain your tables...
Are you using a fixed width theme, or flexible?

Will_H
  • 2006/1/12 23:57

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Quote:

zzzzsg wrote:
obviously, some style sheet or settings have disabled the html table width tag or set some over-riding common settings for table width.

You are exactly right. My guess is that you are trying to define your main table width twice. it is defined in your theme once already. Perhaps if you adjusted the center table width in the theme it would suit your needs. However this is an extensible cms so it is going to flex.

If you have custom content pages and are trying to lay them in the framework it would be much easier to use a CONTENT wrapper.

However if you are stubborn and want to do it your way :) good luck

zzzzsg
  • 2006/1/13 0:29

• zzzzsg

• Just popping in

hi Biteronboard

I tried incorporating my pages (php scripts actually) using Content module, but the result is worst than including mainfile.php, header.php and footer.php. A lot of the php stuff didn't come out right. So I think it is better to incorporate the scripts by incorporating mainfile.php, header.php and footer.php in my scripts.

What do you mean by center table width in the theme?

I am not trying to define the main table (whatever that is) twice. I am just creating tables in my html pages, and the table width tag is not working.

Thank you.

gui

zzzzsg
  • 2006/1/13 1:50

• zzzzsg

• Just popping in

Hi Clever

What is a fixed width or flexible theme?

I am using the default theme that comes with XOOPS 2.2.3.

Thank you.

gui

zzzzsg
  • 2006/1/17 17:47

• zzzzsg

• Just popping in

Hi Everybody

Anybody has any idea how to fix this?

It seems that XOOPS mainfile.php or header.php has some global settings (via some included file) which disallow the use of html table width tags in user custom script.

I think XOOPS is using some kind of fixed width which does not fit into the screen. For example, if I use 1024/768 screen resolution, the center portion of XOOPS can only have a table of up to 4 columns; otherwise it will stretch beyond the screen limits.

How do I fix this?

I went to themes/default/css and modified the style.css file.
table.toptable , table.maintable , table.footertable{width: 100%;
(change from 90% to 10%)
Now everything is 100% - no borders at the side.

But I still cannot set the column widths of my tables - all the columns seem to have the same width no matter what width I define in my html table tags. And XOOPS still does not fit into the screen when I have tables more than 4 columns ( for screen resolution of 1024/768)

Thank you very much.

gui

okay, i found out the the user script is inside a cell of xoops' maintable.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits