Feneex
-= another idea on "XOOPS COMMERCIAL FORUMS" =- :-)
  • 2006/1/7 17:24

• Feneex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/25

I was thinking about it

Why not to make some forum for the people, who are making (or giving) money on XOOPS related stuff

1. Forum "Xoops Commercial Offers" - for the people who: made an outstanding theme, template and want to sell it, can make server tunning, can make professional multi-site instalations, can make some paid VIP-members areas, can make custom SEO on Xoopsed sites, can assist with instalation, custom upgrade, core hacks, enterprise-level intranet sites, LDAP integration, "100% XOOPS Ready" hosting etc. Ok, the list may go many lines further!

2. "Xoops Commercial Requests" - for the ones who really need the best xoops'ed solution for their ideas, but are or too lazy to get answers on their own or are willing to spend some extra cash on great solutions.

As I understand, to GPL licence allows to charge on services related with the software

Will_H
Re: -= another idea on "XOOPS COMMERCIAL FORUMS" =- :-)
  • 2006/1/7 19:03

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Didnt you just offer to provide these services in another forum... lets take SEO Which in a previous post. You thought it was a great idea to offer this support to the community. It is a great idea! . . . .

Heres a question

If you are offering up 2 options, free support and paid support (regardless of whether it is third party or not). What kind of image would the company project. How often would you offer your SEO service in the free forum. if you can make a buck in this new "pay me" one.

I am not trying to be rude, I know I am sounding it though. Just seems to me that you came up with an idea, which a couple high level users liked; in which you offered your services. just seems like by posting this you contradicted yourself.

It sounds less like a XOOPS driven idea; and more like a greed driven idea.

You may be -->manipulating<-- the same concept... however your tone is different.

I do not see anything wrong with offering services and getting paid for them. Thats Business. I know that I am going to get reamed for posting this, and thats ok. I just feel that it is way too convenient.

Bender
  • 2006/1/7 19:17

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

This is a topic that has come up in the past. And well i agree that there should be an area somewhere of some form eventually also for commercial offers since there is nothing wrong about making money with offering services.

For example just because someone could pick up on the request for a paid theme would not mean the same theme would have been created without the request in the first place and even more been put into the public.

A second thing is clearly having also some commercial support when required could actually attract a broader userbase to Xoops.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Feneex
  • 2006/1/8 13:01

• Feneex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/25

Quote:

Biteronboard wrote:
Didnt you just offer to provide these services in another forum... lets take SEO Which in a previous post. You thought it was a great idea to offer this support to the community. It is a great idea! . . . .

Heres a question

If you are offering up 2 options, free support and paid support (regardless of whether it is third party or not). What kind of image would the company project. How often would you offer your SEO service in the free forum. if you can make a buck in this new "pay me" one.

I am not trying to be rude, I know I am sounding it though. Just seems to me that you came up with an idea, which a couple high level users liked; in which you offered your services. just seems like by posting this you contradicted yourself.

It sounds less like a XOOPS driven idea; and more like a greed driven idea.

You may be -->manipulating<-- the same concept... however your tone is different.

I do not see anything wrong with offering services and getting paid for them. Thats Business. I know that I am going to get reamed for posting this, and thats ok. I just feel that it is way too convenient.

Dear Biteronboard,

The idea is, that there is almost nothing related between XOOPS and my abilities or the business I'm working in! To make Xoops'ed sites is my hobby, I have NOT made any money from XOOPS related stuff (exept some XOOPS sites I do host). If there will be good ocasional opportunity - may think about it, but for now, I do not have any intentions to make any money on XOOPS services: SEO, configuration, etc.

The main idea of "Commercial forums" is (by example):
1. I have some extra money, want to build website, and like XOOPS platform capabilities, but I'm short on time or skills. So, where to "buy" those services????
2. I know XOOPS code by heart, made some outstanding xoopsed projects, have a hosting company, which is offering XOOPS hosting & support, made cool theme etc. Why not to "advertise" my abilities and knowledge? WHERE to do that?

Your comments sounded pretty personal

On the whole I dont care much if these forums or/and "Xoops Perf, Comp, SEO" groups will ever exist. For me it is good everything, what is good for the entire community.

I do care only on the thing how to make better overall XOOPS experience for me AND for all the new and current users.

Please, do not push that #OOPS# about me --> manipulating <--- on someones mind etc. You should watch "Star Wars, Episode III: Sith Revenge" to see what does that mean and how that is made!

Herko
  • 2006/1/8 13:24

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

We're probably be adding a business directory with a certification service, where businesses (commercial service providers) can be added when they are certified (which will give clients some idea on skill level, guarantees if something goes wrong, whether they're known to xoops.org, as well as the xoops.org website a feeling of how serious they are and how professional they are, and that not just anyone can get a link in the directory).

Forums re nice enough, but when you're looking for a business to contact them about your wishes, you want their contact info.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits