D4rkAng3l
Help me about MyAlbumP thumbnails
  • 2006/1/5 12:55

• D4rkAng3l

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/26

Hello people,
if you go on my site: www.siatec.net/photoalbum you can see that is very slow to load it because the litle image in main page ave verybig...

Can I use thumbnails whit MyAlbum module? What I have to do?

I have to resize the original image and put this new images in the thumbnails directory of the module or something else?

Please help me...it's very important for me

Thank you very much
Andrea Nobili

panigrc
Re: Help me about MyAlbumP thumbnails
  • 2006/1/5 14:48

• panigrc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/14

If you have imagemagick or gd library on your server installed , you will see it if you run phpinfo(), than yes you can.

Else you cant.
[size=xx-small]X-Park Greek Pc Modding Community
Official Greek Support at XoopsGreece.gr[/size]

gestroud
  • 2006/1/5 15:16

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

No, you do not have to resize the original image and put it in the Thumbs gallery. The myalbum module does that automatically if it's set up properly.

TottoBG
  • 2006/1/5 21:09

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

In your myAlbum-P admin menus you got 'Rebuild Thumbnails' - that's what you need. Before it, in your module Preferencies you have to choose the php module for building thumbs - GD / ImageMagic / NetPBM, and also you have to turn the option of making thumbnails on. As panigrc said, call the phpinfo() function on your server or use the 'XoopsInfo' module to see it there - the information if and which of them you got installed. From the 'Check Confs&Envs' myAlbum-P menu you can see some info and check if the choosen package is working ok. Then go to 'Rebuild Thumbnails' and follow the instructions there, so thumbnails will be built for the existing images and for the next uploaded images they will be created automatically.
Good luck!

D4rkAng3l
  • 2006/1/16 23:44

• D4rkAng3l

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/26

Quote:

TottoBG wrote:
In your myAlbum-P admin menus you got 'Rebuild Thumbnails' - that's what you need. Before it, in your module Preferencies you have to choose the php module for building thumbs - GD / ImageMagic / NetPBM, and also you have to turn the option of making thumbnails on. As panigrc said, call the phpinfo() function on your server or use the 'XoopsInfo' module to see it there - the information if and which of them you got installed. From the 'Check Confs&Envs' myAlbum-P menu you can see some info and check if the choosen package is working ok. Then go to 'Rebuild Thumbnails' and follow the instructions there, so thumbnails will be built for the existing images and for the next uploaded images they will be created automatically.
Good luck!

Ohhh thanks very much.

Today I use what you say me...all ok

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits