DobePhat
needed:CBB Support 2.013 and 115 install
  • 2006/1/2 5:19

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Hi,

Ive been searching for a long time for an answer to what I think my dilmna is but I cant find it.
We recently upgrade to 2.0.13.2
smooth...

Finally decided to update newbb (ver1) to cbb.

Ran into a problem during the update script.
(unkonw session active etc.)

No problem.
It appeared all I had to do next (was following that very useful flash tutorial BTW)was drop two deprecated tables. Did that. (the update script essentially failed on me but I was almost done so proceeded..) ran update on module.
Get the index page of forum DB seems intact all topics and threads are there. But when we go to click on a topic we get this bugger:
--------------
An Error Occured
SELECT t.*, u.name, u.uname, u2.uid, u2.name as last_post_name, u2.uname as last_poster, p.post_time as last_post_time, p.poster_name as last_poster_name, p.icon, p.post_id, p.post_karma, p.require_reply, pt.post_text FROM xoops_bb_topics t LEFT JOIN xoops_users u ON u.uid = t.topic_poster LEFT JOIN xoops_bb_posts p ON p.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id LEFT JOIN xoops_bb_posts_text pt ON pt.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id LEFT JOIN xoops_users u2 ON u2.uid = p.uid WHERE (p.post_time > 1127538195 OR t.topic_sticky=1) AND t.forum_id = 1 AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 ORDER BY t.topic_sticky DESC, p.post_time DESC
-------------------------------------
All my templates are there and updated it appears.
All permissions seem intact.
I wonder if messed up the db structure?
man please help.
this sux. CBB online is down Im not sure where to go for help.

Appreciate in advance thanks.

CeBepuH
Re: needed:CBB Support 2.013 and 115 install
  • 2006/1/2 5:41

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Phppp's website is http://xoopsforge.com.

If you have updated all templates for CBB and permissons are correct, my guess is that you have either messed up the database or you haven't uploaded all of the CBB files.

There is a CBB 1.16 but I doubt it would solve your problem.
Humans need fantasy to be humans. To be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape.

DobePhat
  • 2006/1/2 5:46

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks for the link.

yeah Going to go thru it again then go for support.
Thanks
Appreciate it.

DobePhat
  • 2006/1/2 6:44

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

hmm. It appears after more clever searching that this problem arises a lot from cbb and Newbb 2 upgrades. Sometime resolved with templates and permissions. But I dont believe thats the case here.

My only conclusion is that it must be from my missed step of converting DATA in the upgrade process because the update script failed on me for some reason.

I had ot gone up to step 3 before it fizzled on me.
But it still seems strange that it appears to be a common problem with so many different solutions...

Any suggestions on this?
this otherwise "simple" upgrade is everything we thought/feared it would be LOL!

DobePhat
  • 2006/1/2 7:52

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

Sorry for the last reply here, (but Im sure you all know what its like when your tweaking stuff on a live site.)

Just wanted to add that I believe we found the main crux of our problem. Despite rebuilding templates and having trouble with the updater (which finally went through after some debugging checks)

Here's an odd variable for anyone who may also be getting this strange behavior that MAY help you too:

we evaulated all blocks on the forum page.
The only variable we changed was that there were a few custom-html blocks, some with cache and one or two were affiliates. We deselcted these, killed their cache...and sudeenly things were looking better for us. We had our server restarted as well.

Never have had luck with the cache settings in xoops. Not sure if it fits in at all but...my feeling is that if all variables are checked and set, look at the cache and the cache settings for odd, quirky, frusterating behavior.

We are most grateful that these update wizards, and warpig tutorials exist, and grateful to all who continue to work on these fine modules.
We look forward to contributing here more soon!
-
much deserved break..

Falcon22
  • 2006/3/12 23:52

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

I have the same situation and I get the same error message and have not been able to resolve the problem

Quote:

An Error Occured
SELECT t.*, u.name, u.uname, u2.uid, u2.name as last_post_name, u2.uname as last_poster, p.post_time as last_post_time, p.poster_name as last_poster_name, p.icon, p.post_id, p.post_karma, p.require_reply, pt.post_text FROM xoops_bb_topics t LEFT JOIN xoops_users u ON u.uid = t.topic_poster LEFT JOIN xoops_bb_posts p ON p.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id LEFT JOIN xoops_bb_posts_text pt ON pt.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id LEFT JOIN xoops_users u2 ON u2.uid = p.uid WHERE (p.post_time > 1127538195 OR t.topic_sticky=1) AND t.forum_id = 1 AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 ORDER BY t.topic_sticky DESC, p.post_time DESC

When you refer to permissions does that mean CHMOD of the files on my server?

What is it exactly that I should be looking for to repair this?

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits