dwhitten
Extended Profiles in 2.2.3
  • 2005/12/24 12:48

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/22

Hello,

I set up extended profiles so users can pick which group they want to belong to when they join my site.

The options should be Rider and Show Organizer.

The options they get also include Anonymous User and Webmaster.

How do I only show the Rider and Show Organizer groups?

Thanks,
Deb

dwhitten
Re: Extended Profiles in 2.2.3
  • 2006/1/20 20:06

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

bump - anyone?

alex1182
  • 2006/1/21 5:56

• alex1182

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/21

I think you have to asign users to a certain group, they can't just pick if they want to be an Anonymous, Registered or Webmaster.

Are you sure that you're using a regular registered user's account to test this and not yours (webmaster's)? Because as I can see, those options only appear when you, as a webmaster is editing your own or other user's account, not when a registered user edits his or her own.

SLEO577
  • 2006/1/21 6:15

• SLEO577

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/27

Hi dwhitten,

If I understand your question correctly, you are wanting to show the "Rider and Show Organizers" what is available to them based on the group settings for your website that you have made for them?

If that is your questions, you really don't have to show them anything, by that I mean. Once you setup your groups (admin/users/groups) and define which modules they have permissions to use under "Modify", they will only be able to see those modules you specified on your website.

Once they register, go to (admin/modules/my profile/users) and under (Group Preference) select the group they belong too. It's as easy as that.

dwhitten
  • 2006/1/21 15:14

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

Ok, maybe this will make it clearer...

Go here:http://www.horseshowsrus.ca/showez/modules/profile/register.php

Under the 'group' field, you can pick Anonymous Users or Webmasters. I only want Rider and Show Organizer to appear.

I have tried signing up as a webmaster and I don't get webmaster privs (thankfully).

Deb

Dave_L
  • 2006/1/21 15:34

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can customize a Group Select field without hacking the code.

An alternative is to add a profile field with type Select rather than Group Select, and add in the choices Rider and Show Organizer. Then you would have to manually view each new user's profile and add him to the appropriate user group, based on his choice.

allnewtome
  • 2006/1/21 18:49

• allnewtome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/30

Quote:

dwhitten wrote:
Under the 'group' field, you can pick Anonymous Users or Webmasters. I only want Rider and Show Organizer to appear.

I'm off to the pub, but you could experiment with this idea. (Delete this post if it's bollox).

In modules/profile/register.php at about line 100:
$value $newuser->getVar($fieldname);
                    if (
is_array($value)) {

$values = array();

$options $fields[$i]->getVar('field_options');
                        foreach (
$value as $thisvalue) {

$values $options[$thisvalue];
                        }

$value implode(', '$values);
                    }
                    echo 
$fields[$i]->getVar('field_title').": ".$value."<br />";

You could try something like

foreach ($value as $thisvalue) {
    if ( (
$value!="Anonymous Users") && ($value!="Webmasters") ) {

$values $options[$thisvalue];
    }
}
$value implode(', ',$values);

I've probably got the wrong end of the stick entirely, in which case I'll feel a bit stupid, but what I'm *trying* to do is only add the options to the list if they're neither Webmasters nor Anonymous Users.

Hope this spurs someone on to correct me (& therefore help you) !!!

dwhitten
  • 2006/1/21 21:07

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

It seems kind of ridiculous that the new version of XOOPS would let people register to your site as a webmaster or an anonymous user anyway. I can't be editing each new user's group setting manually, otherwise why use extended profiles at all?

Deb

msdana
  • 2006/1/21 22:37

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

For the life of me, I can't figure out how someone can register as an anonymous user, or even a webmaster for that matter. It's not an option that I offer on my site.

Maybe I'm missing something? Or maybe not, I don't want them to register as anonymous or webmaster.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Dave_L
  • 2006/1/21 22:47

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Personally, I don't let users select what group they want to be in. I consider that to be a webmaster task.

The current extended profiles module is the initial version of that module. It needs lots of refinement.

Also, the 2.2.3 branch is sort of ending, with 2.3 being the next version. It's not clear whether 2.3 will even have an extended profiles module.

Anyway, I was just trying to provide a solution to your problem. :shrugs:

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits